Position Overview Who we are
Our Hotels We are not just a collection of hotels, but instead a talented community. A family with a shared passion and commitment to, unapologetically, love and breathe who we are every day. We do this with a backdrop of extraordinary hotels, steeped in history, glamour and stories, which provide the perfect stage for our people - our Legends - to live our vision -Treasured by Guests, Cherished by Employees, Celebrated Worldwide.
Diversity and Inclusion at Dorchester Collection are core beliefs of our We Care philosophy., which is an environment where all of our employees feel valued and respected, allowing positive engagement to prosper. We continually strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is part of our DNA, reflected by our core values of Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity. When submitting your application, please let us know if you require any special accommodations during the interview process.
EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act.
Your future, our legacy
The Beverly Hills Hotel
Division & Department
Food & Beverage - Pastry Job Title
Pastry Jr. Sous Chef
Full time Position Overview
Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs are the sweethearts of our hotel! Entrusted with administering, coordinating and distributing information to all pastry kitchen employees and ensuring guest satisfaction (e.g. pastry entails managing the coordination of all pastry items for breakfast, lunch and dinner service according to product specifications. It also includes ordering, receiving, storage, preparation and presentation. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests. What you'll get
As a Pastry Jr. Sous Chef at The Beverly Hills Hotel, here are just some of the great benefits you will receive:
- Complimentary stays with breakfast included in all 9 Dorchester Collection hotels - stay once a year at each hotel!
- 50% off at bars and restaurants within all of our Dorchester Collection hotels
- World class development opportunities (Service Excellence Training, Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging Trainings, Monthly Lunch & Learns)
- Social events throughout the year, including Quarterly Employee Appreciation Day events, Quarterly Employee Awards, Annual End of Year Gala
- Free Meals on Duty OR Workday Lunches in the form of a prepaid contactless card
- Exclusive Access to a discount platform featuring 1000s of retailers
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision Benefit
- Competitive retirement scheme
As a Pastry Jr. Sous Chef at The Beverly Hills Hotel, your compensation will be $28.90 per hour. What you'll do
A day in the life of our Pastry Jr. Sous Chef … it demands high levels of energy in order to keep up. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the tasks that our Pastry Jr. Sous Chef accomplish would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
- Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs are responsible for assisting the Executive Pastry Chef and Pastry Chef in planning of food budgets and forecasts pertaining to the Pastry Kitchen. They assist in scheduling and coordinating the work of cooks to ensure that food preparation is on time and within budget. In addition, they will interview, train, supervise, coach, council and discipline all employees in the department in conjunction with HR and Executive Pastry Chef and Assistant Pastry Chef.
- They will produce all pastry goods from scratch as required by the menu and design and develop detailed food specifications, maintain established food par levels and accurate paperwork for inventory, uphold departmental standards of quality and timing for delivery and train cooks in relevant aspects of pastry during their day.
- Additional duties will include carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs will also plan, assign and direct work, appraise performance, reward and disciplining address complaints and resolve problems.
- Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs will be fully in charge or production and ordering and managing amenity needs. Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance internally and with the State. They will follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene. The will check to ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management.
- Sometimes our guests have special requests involving food allergies, dietary restrictions and special occasion amenities. Most of these requests are fulfilled by our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs.
- Our hotels are truly luxury hotels. This requires preventing and correcting the imperfections and blemishes that tend to come up. Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs are relied upon to report these and work with several other positions to correct.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains.
The items shared are essential. However, to ensure consistency, our Pastry Jr. Sous Chefs are provided with specifics on how we care for their department and our hotel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand for up to 8 hours. Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, use hand, finger and wrist dexterity. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. What you'll bring
- All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chef will do this with everything they do.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chef must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
- Attention to detail is critical for our this role.
- We pride in nurturing an environment where Working Together is a must. Our Pastry Jr. Sous Chef is our biggest champions of this.
Our hotels operate nonstop, this require flexibility from everyone on the team.
Position location Job Location
9641 Sunset Blvd 90210 Beverly Hills