The Senior Organizational Effectiveness Consultant supporting our Technology and Product senior leadership team serves as a key business partner to client groups and works to influence effective people practices across functions. You'll be an advocate of Delta Dental's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build and manage their organizations. In partnership with your clients, you will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. This role has broad impact by leading and delivering key HR processes and programs including Delta Dental's people strategy, workforce planning, succession planning, engagement survey analysis and action planning, year-end compensation planning, organization and team development, employee and leadership development. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides proactive and strategic HR consulting and influence in the areas of organizational effectiveness and design, employee engagement/employee experience, workforce planning/talent acquisition, change management, performance, and talent management
- Establishes and sustains consultative relationships as a trusted advisor with client partners, brokering HR Center of Excellence services, implementing HR solutions, and providing HR generalist support. Coordinates and leads client service delivery teams
- Through application of comprehensive systems thinking, works across multiple business functions to drive alignment of people strategies, tactics, programs, and practices to enable business strategies, priorities and/or minimize risks
- Provides leadership development and coaching for client partners to enable sustainable organization performance and culture alignment with business strategy
- Models and drives change management mindset. Serves as an organization change consultant and change subject matter expert to leadership. Applies change management approaches to enhance effective stakeholder engagement and implementation of organization initiatives
- Implements and supports enterprise talent management programs to support client groups in performance management, culture, engagement, talent review and succession planning, and compensation
- Develops and deploys talent management and organizational effectiveness solutions to include tools and processes that drive employee engagement and performance excellence
- Provides HR Program leadership and subject matter expertise in HR program design, development and deployment
- Develops project structure, approach and work plan for implementation of talent management programs. Leads committees and work groups charged with implementing organization, department, or unit level employee engagement and culture strategies
- Develops and shares best practices, provides analysis, consultation, gap assessment, team facilitation and solutions
- 7+ years of related experience w/Bachelor's degree.
- Prior success working in the context of a large, complex, matrixed organizations. Demonstrated history of successful partnerships and leadership within a matrixed HR delivery system (experience supporting technology/engineering and product organizations preferred). Experience working in a shared services/COE environment
- Demonstrated track record of comprehensive (Macro and micro level) organizational design implementations
- Demonstrated track record of coaching, developing, and influencing executive leaders (VP+) to achieve strategic initiatives through effective business and leadership practices. Comfortable with negotiation, conflict resolution, and delivering an opposing point of view to initiate discussion
- Exceptional business acumen skills - Comprehensive and systemic understanding of business operations that enables proactive business inquiry, recommendations, and the development of people strategy solutions for client partners
- Demonstrated success in driving growth, transformative, and large-scale change environments. Experience moving organizations from legacy HR practices to a more influential and impactful model. Experience in high-performance HR practices
- Demonstrated experience in the development of large-scale change plans with a track record of effective implementation and change sustainability
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills. Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis. Able to extract key themes from disparate data points to develop a coherent overview
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Good listener with empathy and understanding of others; collaborative and team oriented. Demonstrated competency in effective group facilitation
- Dynamic leader with a track record of modeling leadership competencies. Prior success in performing as a teammate that can motivate and instill a sense of urgency in others. High degree of political savvy. Possesses the highest level of integrity and ethics; builds/inspires trust and is accountable
- Strong project management experience
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)-HRCI preferred
Base Pay Information
The national base pay range at the end is a good-faith estimate of what Delta Dental may pay for new hires. Actual pay may vary based on Delta Dental's assessment of the candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs), related experience, education, certifications and ability to meet required minimum job qualifications. Other factors impacting pay include prevailing wages in the work location and internal equity. $74,000 - $170,900 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Rewards to make you smile! We don't just want to make our customers happy - we want to give our employees a reason to smile, too. Delta Dental's comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Generous paid time off plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
#LI-Remote ABOUT THE TEAM
At Delta Dental, our success is only as strong as the people who execute it! We take enormous pride in being the nation's most recognized and widely-used provider of dental insurance - and we've come this far by living our core values of innovation, excellence, service and trust. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so that we're all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and ourselves. We believe in integrity, accountability, collaboration, and giving every employee equitable opportunity for their voice to be heard and development to be fostered.
If you're excited about the prospect of transforming the future of health care and growing in your career, join our smile revolution!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: Delta Dental Ins. on Facebook and Instagram, #LifeatDDins on Facebook and Instagram, Delta Dental Ins. on Twitter and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation's largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender or identity expression, age, disability, marital status, medical status, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Unfortunately, our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Delta Dental includes: Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental Insurance Company, Delta Dental of Pennsylvania, and Delta Dental of New York