Although the job is situated in Alliance, it is a remote position that provides the freedom to work from any location with an internet connection. December 25, 2023 was when the job posting for the Marketing and Communications Generalist position started, and it will expire on March 22, 2024. If you're interested in exploring different career paths, full time work can offer a way to do so. The employer's non-disclosure of salary means that you can negotiate based on the company's performance-based incentive programs. To be considered for this job, you must have at least 24 months of experience in the same field.
Location: Remote, USA Hiring Range: This position is anticipated to pay between $51,900 to $56,000 annually, depending on experience. Position Summary: Support the implementation of the marketing & communications strategy across all channels in conjunction with the Best Friends Network, Shelter Pet Data Alliance (SPDA) and animal welfare industry audience. Support all areas within the workflow for developing and executing marketing campaigns, email communications and program initiatives with Shelter Pet Data Alliance (SPDA) and the Best Friends Network. Collaborate and consult with Best Friends staff, including national programs & regional teams, to promote content. Key Responsibilities:
- Treat people around you as our most valuable resource by leading with compassion and kindness in all your actions, build trust by demonstrating authenticity and following through on your commitments, encourage self-care and work-life balance through your own example, and work to build strong relationships with your team by creating communication loops to share and receive honest feedback. You are responsible and accountable for the culture of your team.
- Execute social media strategy and campaigns to promote the BF Network and Shelter Pet Data Alliance.
- Support digital advertising budget - Plan and execute paid digital campaigns including Facebook ads, boosted posts on other social channels, digital ad placements, etc.
- Assist with online community for network partner engagement, including promoting platforms, approving new members and posts, regularly communicating with partners, involving other Best Friends staff as appropriate for expertise, and protecting spaces where partners directly serve each other via peer-to-peer work.
- Post content and monitor comments for public social channels, such as LinkedIn, the Lifesaving Resources Hub Facebook page and professional animal welfare groups (including shifting hub audience to more b2b audience).
- Gather stats & analytics and assist in evaluating social media and email performance.
- Utilize Network Workfront account with creative team – coordinate all b2b creative requests including but not limited to SPDA & Network projects.
- Develop marketing materials including power point decks and order printed materials for events and conferences.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, communications or related experience is required.
- Must have a diverse background in multiple facets of marketing and communications, including email marketing, social media marketing, copywriting, and event marketing.
- Must have demonstrated experience in social media marketing and platform moderation in a professional setting.
To avoid wasting your time and effort on fraudulent job postings, remember to keep in mind some vital factors when applying for jobs online. Job interviews conducted over text or email are often a red flag for potential scams. Stay safe by confirming that you are on the verified liquidscapes.info website. Trustworthy job postings will never ask for your social security number or other sensitive information before hiring you. Don't be fooled by job postings that use fake job titles or positions to entice applicants, as they may not actually exist within the company. Ensure your personal information is safe by only providing it to legitimate employers you trust. Keep your finances safe by avoiding job postings that require you to use your personal bank account. Researching the company before applying for any job is necessary to ensure that it aligns with your values and career goals. To ensure that the job is legitimate and the position is available, reach out to the company to verify the job posting's authenticity. It's important to remember that any legitimate employer will never ask you to pay for any expenses.
- Preference given to individuals with experience in small or single-person marketing teams and those that have worked in non-profit, animal welfare, or with software/ technology product launches.
- Must possess superior written skills including the ability to edit for quality, congruity, and style.
- Must be comfortable communicating directly to partners and offer excellent customer services.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to complete projects quickly with limited oversight.
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Computer skills and knowledge of email marketing tools, such as MailChimp, and social media platforms.
- Have knowledge of marketing and communications concepts and best practices.
- Have the ability to professionally and effectively communicate Best Friends’ mission, vision, and programmatic scope.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or domestic partner status.
- Perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time including typing, sitting, walking, arm, and hand motion.
- Ability to travel up to 10% travel time for events.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Best Friends Animal Society.
Take the time to read the job posting thoroughly to make an informed decision about applying. Please submit your application if you are certain that you meet all of the qualifications and requirements. Please only apply for this job if you are confident that you meet all of the qualifications and requirements. Pay attention to any specific instructions or requirements listed in the job posting before submitting your application.