The Tank Farm Coordinator coordinates with the HV lines, and fabrication lines to utilize existing tanks in the farm for CCA’s coming down the line. The Tank Farm Coordinator is responsible for monitoring CCA’s coming down the line and offline CCA’s to see where units in the tank farm can be used. Duties also include miscellaneous activities within the tank farm to maintain inventory accuracy through proper visual, and scanning practices, while also dealing with any other issues as they arise.
- Develop high performance work teams that monitor its own performance for safety, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement process.
- Plan and execute the production schedule, providing supervision and directions to hourly workforce.
- Oversee and maintain safety practices in accordance with safe operations and in compliance with company policies.
- Collaborate with Sales and engineering to identify, reassign, consume or dispose of excess tanks.
- Work in the department as a team member to achieve production, quality, cycle time and cost standards.
- Receive and execute work instructions from Manager and coordinate daily with scheduling, winding, HV and large lines.
- Receive tanks into tank farm inventory and move material as needed.
- Cycle-count tank farm daily asassigned.
- Utilize software to process cycle counts, review on-hand inventory, current and past activity.
- Ensure tanks are in proper location. Research misplaced tanks weekly.
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products to supervision.
- Ensure proper labeling of tanks.
- Work with others to drive continuous improvement.
- Adhere to all company policies, safety rules and guidelines.
Qualifications: Education or Equivalent (any of these may apply):
- High school diploma and or GED; 3-5 years of material management experience.
- Strong written, verbal, .and interpersonal communication skills.
- Customer Service focus with the ability to build and maintain strong working and intra-shop relationships.
- Comfortable using a PC with computer software packages and communicating effectively via email and phone.
- Demonstrates accountability and the ability to hold others accountable-is fair, consistent and respectful always;
- Pro-actively seeks, shares, and applies new concepts to continuously improve self and others;
- Works effectively with others individually and in teams in pursuit of organizational goals;
- Plans and supports the development of individual skills to maximize individual and organizational growth and achievement;
- Excellent facilitation skills applied regularly;