United States of America
AZ833: RMS AP Bldg 833 1151 East Hermans Road Building 833, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
Position Role Type:
Unspecified About Us At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers. Job Summary At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating. Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation. We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you. *Starting Wage: $18.11* Responsibilities to Anticipate
- The Material Handler will perform the following tasks that are in alignment with the Core Logistics Functions of Receiving, Storing, Issuing, Inventory, Mail, and Delivery. The following list is not inclusive and other tasking may be assigned as required.
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials, property and misc. items on and off incoming trucks or vehicles: within the plant, in associated warehouses and other offsite locations. The method of movement can be: Powered Industrial Vehicles (fork-truck, electric scooter, etc.), electric or manual pallet jack, carts, semi-lives with T-Handle and other similar material handling equipment.
- Loads and unloads material onto or off of pallets, trays, racks, carts, shelves or other similar staging and movement equipment. The method of movement can be: manual physical movement, fork-truck, electric or manual pallet jack, lift-carts and overhead hoists or cranes.
- Opens containers, cartons, wood crates, bundles, or other similar items using hand tools such as steel cutters, crowbars, claw hammer, drills, knives or other similar hand tools.
- Sorts and prioritizes mail and materials for processing based on established priorities within each LAM functional area.
- Identifies and reports any obvious damage to materials and property in any LAM functional area.
- Identifies and validates material and property identification and quantities against documentation and/or systems information. This task will be done at the onset of a task as well as throughout each step of the functional task.
- Performs manual and/or weight counts of materials/property.
- Records and/or updates various internal and external logs, forms, and documentation. This will also include transactional input into various internal and external systematic records.
- Follows verbal instructions and/or reads documentation accompanying materials or property in order to determine what tasking is required to process or move the items.
- May perform as a member or leader of a functional and/or cross-functional team.
- Attaches identifying tags, markings, and labeling to material, property, handling, staging, storage and shipment containers or receptacles.
- Performs packaging of materials,property or misc. items utilizing available supplies.
- Fabricates cushioning, bags, barriers, cartons and wood crates for the storage, hand-carry and/or shipment of materials, property or misc. items.
- Closes cartons, containers, wood crates, and other similar items utilizing tapes, nails, glues, screws, and/or banding materials.
- Utilizes various electrical or mechanical equipment to perform Core Logistics tasking. Equipment can include: handheld, rotary or impulse sealers; saws, drills, box making machines, foam-in-place machines, label printers, RF scanners, hoists, tape machines, scales, stencil machines, shrink wrap machines, and other similar equipment.
- Ensures all required equipment is in proper working condition and preventative maintenance has been performed before and after use.
- Loads material/property on trucks, vans, trailers or other similar vehicles. Installs strapping, blocking, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Performs safety walks and general cleanup of LAM areas to include: removing trip hazards, broken damaged containers, or damaged pallets; breaking down and disposing of empty boxes, and identifying and reporting potential hazards.
- Prepares and adjusts space and layout requirements for LAM Warehouses, Storerooms and common work areas including rearrangement, assembly and movement of shelving, shelves within shelving, adjustments to pallet rack shelf heights at ground level, movement of benches and associated hardware within LAM.
Required Education (including Major):
- Work experience in the core Logistics functions of Receiving, Storing, Issuing, Inventory, Delivery, Packing, and/or Shipping.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to lift weight in accordance with current OSHA, Bureau of Labor Standards, and Raytheon recommendations and guidelines
- Requires valid Arizona Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Transports material, employees, and equipment over the road and intra and interfacility, by operating various types of material handling equipment and vehicles per appropriate regulations. Prepares, loads, and secures materials and equipment for shipment. Coordinates and dispatches material movement to ensure safe and timely shipment. Receives, transports, stores, sorts and distributes products, materials, tools, and supplies, including all classes of explosives.
- Desired Skills:
- Excellent Powered Industrial Truck Operation Skills
- Proven knowledge & use of power and hand tools
What We Offer Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Additional Details This position is part of a collective bargaining agreement. Wage and work place conditions, including shift times, are subject to this agreement. Individuals hired into this position will be represented by a union. This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance required.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms