Your salary, if you are selected for this job, will be $53,000 - 68,000. To apply for this job, you need to have at least 12 months of work experience in the same field. The location of this job is in Baltimore, however, it can be done remotely from anywhere. full time work can offer a way to work on projects and tasks that align with your personal interests and hobbies. January 17, 2024 marked the beginning of the Regulatory Trade Compliance Specialist job offer, which will be removed on April 13, 2024.
Regulatory Compliance Specialist
States (only) for remote work: We are based in MD and SC, but you can live in FL, NJ, PA, NY, NC, GA, or VA (9). Headquarters is Locust Point, Maryland (in Baltimore County).
In a world facing new challenges, a nimble but steady ship is more important than ever. Is there a seat on our boat for you? Want a career, not a job?
Shapiro stands strong at 108-years old, but we’re not your grandpa’s shipping company. We have a track record of transparency, developing employees, and investing in our work technology. Our Paid Time Off policy is one of the most competitive in the country for new hires.
(LCB CHB) Licensed Customs Brokers preferred but will consider those who have taken the exam or achieved the CCS + additional compliance experience.
Shapiro’s next Regulatory Compliance Specialist will be the internal and external resource for import regulatory issues focused on our customers’ products and classifications. You will be knowledgeable about trade laws and regulatory requirements, as you’ll be responsible for educating our customers and our internal import teams. You possess the determination to ensure our teams are processing transactions in compliance with CBP regulations (and PGAs).
Typical duties include:
Duties include providing excellent internal and external customer service in an engaging environment, improving your knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations, internal compliance development, and monitoring industry developments. The Import Regulatory Specialist will also assist with training materials, contributing to Shapiro publications, helping with outreach programs, and joining regulatory sales campaigns.
· Reviews and evaluates customers’ products and provides classification advisories in compliance with Customs requirements.
· Monitors AD/CVD developments and communicates them timely.
· Serves as the resource desk to provide AD/CVD scope and other regulatory information to internal and external customers.
· Conducts regular regulatory audits.
· Assists with the creation and maintenance of both training material and regulatory sales products associated with regulatory developments.
· Assists with educating our customers and entry teams on regulatory changes.
· Serves as a resource on regulatory matters to Sales and client prospects.
· Contributes regularly to Shapiro’s publications.
· Conducts recurrent training as required.
SKILLS: Ability to remain engaged andfocused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to generate creative solutions and/or problem-solve. Project management skills to handle a variety of customers on your desk. Ability to utilize current tech tools to increase efficiency and innovate solutions.
· Very strong computer/tech skills (Excel, Office, proprietary databases).
There are several things you need to consider before applying for jobs online to ensure that you find legitimate job postings and avoid scams. Protect yourself from identity theft by limiting the amount of personal information you share with potential employers. Check that you're on the official liquidscapes.info page to protect yourself from harm. Never give your personal bank account information to potential employers through job postings, as it's a red flag. One of the most important steps in the job search process is researching the company before applying for any job to ensure its legitimacy and reputation. Stay vigilant and don't let your guard down when job hunting online. Be cautious of job postings that require you to provide personal information such as your social security number or driver's license number, as this information could be used for identity theft or fraud. Employers who are serious about hiring will usually conduct interviews in person or over the phone, not just via text or email. If a job posting asks for payment in exchange for a job, it's likely a scam.
· Critical thinker. Must be flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and team-oriented.
· Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of contacts, vendors, and departments required (internal and external customers).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required for quoting, vendor management, and customer interaction.
· Skills, abilities, and aptitude to be cross-trained, step in, and contribute.
· Proven ability to interact with all individuals within the organization and be able to communicate information to customers and vendors.
· The ability to work as an effective member of a team.
· Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously under high pressure and within demanding time constraints. Reliable. Punctual. Organized.
· Discipline to implement and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Samuel Shapiro & Company, Inc., a third-generation family-owned business founded in 1915, provides creative and flexible logistics services. With worldwide strategic alliances, Shapiro is the supply chain partner that delivers customized, compliant, and reliable solutions to address its customer’s specific import and export needs. Only Shapiro has an experienced and personable staff that truly cares and commits themselves to proactively achieving its customers’ business goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Remote
If you have read this job vacancy carefully, the next step is to decide whether to apply. We encourage individuals who have carefully reviewed this job posting and feel that they meet the qualifications to apply. We encourage you to carefully review the job posting and requirements before submitting an application. Taking the time to submit an accurate and complete job application can pay off in the long run by helping you stand out from the competition.