A prerequisite for this job is that you have at least 60 months of work experience in the same field. The employer does not disclose the salary, so negotiating it is an option. The job listing for the Warehouse Supervisor position was initiated on January 15, 2024, and it will come to an end on April 14, 2024. If you're looking for a change, full time work might be the right move for you. This job opportunity is open to candidates who are willing to relocate for the position, regardless of their current location.
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
This posting is for multiple openings. Please confirm your schedule preference when completing the application. Available shift schedules are: Monday-Friday 5am-1:30pm CST; Monday-Friday 4pm-12:30am CST; Wednesday-Saturday 5am-3:30pm CST
What You'll Do
- Supervise the functions and working of the warehouse workers.
- Delegate and assign tasks and targets and evaluate the work of the staff.
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Supervise proper shift allocations and ensure efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Ensure the proper functioning and safe operations of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Work effectively with other managers within functional team and supports new team members.
- Drive specific initiatives that have proven business results.
- Proactively think beyond the explicit assignment to ask second-order questions and identify additional analytic needs.
- Accurately, quickly, and clearly answer questions related to your area of focus.
- Be viewed as a credible company expert on your area of focus.
- Effectively prepare and run internal meetings with supporting analytics and data.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or 5+ years working experience in product distribution to customer base.
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL).
- Working understanding of Warehouse Management System.
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
- Strong motivational, effectual team building, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ pounds unassisted or via team lift.
- Ableto read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our .
Don't rush into applying for jobs online without first considering some important elements to ensure that you have a successful job search. Avoid any job posting that requires you to provide access to your personal bank account. Only share personal information with potential employers that is relevant to the job application process. Beware of job listings that require you to purchase a 'starter kit' or other materials before you can start working. Verify the legitimacy of the job posting and the hiring process by reaching out to the company. Watch out for job postings that require you to work without proper employment documentation or contracts, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job opportunity. Legitimate employers will usually arrange for an in-person or phone interview rather than just email or text correspondence. Stay vigilant and keep an eye out for any signs of potential fraud or scams when browsing job postings. Before applying for any job, make sure to research the company thoroughly to verify its authenticity and credibility.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our .
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].
You should have a clear understanding of the job requirements before deciding to apply. If you are excited about the potential of this job opportunity and believe that you can fulfill the expectations, please apply. Rushing to submit your application can actually hurt your chances of being hired, so take the time to do it right. If you have any doubts or reservations about this job posting, please take the time to evaluate before submitting an application. Furthermore, if this job vacancy doesn't meet your expectations, liquidscapes.info has other job vacancies to consider.