A job opportunity for the role of Cook at Chateau Elan was advertised on December 7, 2023, and it will remain open until March 6, 2024. Since the salary is not exposed by the employer, you can negotiate based on the company's corporate culture and values. This job opening is located in Blue, but the employer is willing to consider candidates who are open to relocating if necessary. HEI Hotels & Resorts has full time positions available for those who want to work in a fast-paced environment.
Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions. Responsibilities
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
Before you start applying for jobs online, you should keep in mind some essential factors to ensure a safe and fruitful job search. It's not safe to use your personal bank account for job postings, so be wary of any that require it. Be wary of employers who ask for personal information upfront, especially if it seems unnecessary or excessive. Always research the company before applying for any job to ensure its authenticity and credibility. Don't be swayed by promises of high pay or easy work when evaluating job postings, as these can often be signs of scams or frauds. Keep an eye out for job postings that require you to sign up for a subscription or membership before being considered for a job, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity. If you're uncertain about the job posting, it's best to contact the company directly to confirm the job's legitimacy and availability. Be wary of any job posting that requires payment for anything. Job interviews conducted only over text or email may indicate a potential scam, so it's important to verify the employer's authenticity.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To make a well-informed decision about the job, read the posting carefully and evaluate your own qualifications. Please make sure to carefully consider if this job aligns with your career goals and aspirations. The key to a successful job application is taking the time to review and proofread your work for accuracy and completeness. We welcome applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and can fulfill the responsibilities and requirements. Alternatively, there are other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that might offer a better salary or career advancement opportunities.