The Elani Lab is seeking an organized and energetic RA to assist with our health services research projects examining the impact of health policies on disparities in oral health. The RA will be primarily responsible for data collection, and organization and reporting of data.
1. Following established protocols and project requirements, collects and organizes project data by phone and various online methods.
2. Responsible for data validation, maintenance, and the implementation of study protocols.
3. Reports experiment results to team members using a variety of scientific, word processing, spreadsheet or statistical software applications or program platforms.
4. Makes periodic reports and quality checks of project status to supervisor or other research team personnel.
5. Performs clerical duties incidental to research tasks.
6. May perform related project maintenance such as maintaining and managing project files and details.
7. Manage logistical aspects of the project; compliance with budgetary and reporting requirements; compliance with IRB.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. year of experience preferred, but not required.
3. Experience with Microsoft programs including Word & Excel.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience working with study participants and data collection is preferred.
2. Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to work independently.
Working Conditions1. Work is performed in an office setting
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We are dedicated to being a community within which self-respect and mutual respect are understood and practiced, HSDM believes that compassion, fairness, and trust are fundamental values that enable our individual and collective well-being. We recognize the diversity of individuals within the community to be an essential ingredient to an inspiring, vigorous, and exciting culture. And we recognize that ethics and integrity provide the framework for all of our efforts. HSDM Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Compensation Range (hourly rate): Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity. Generally new hires can expect compensation between the minimum and midpoint of the range. For grades 047-056, the ranges reflect a 35-hour workweek.
Please Note: Harvard School of Dental Medicine is not able to provide visa sponsorship or work authorization for this opportunity.
Work Format DetailsThis is a hybrid position that is based in Massachusetts. Additional details will be discussed during the interview process. All remote work must be performed within one of the Harvard Registered Payroll States, which currently includes Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Washington, and California (CA for exempt positions only). Certain visa types and funding sources may limit work location. Individuals must meet work location sponsorship requirements prior to employment.
BenefitsWe invite you to visit Harvard's Total Rewards website (https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards) to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
Department Office LocationUSA - MA - Boston
Job Code403109 Research Assistant I Non-Lab
Work FormatHybrid (partially on-site, partially remote)
DepartmentOral Health Policy and Epidemiology
Union55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Pre-Employment ScreeningCriminal, Education, Identity
ScheduleMonday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingHarvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LinkedIn Recruiter Tag (for internal use only)#LI-MN1