Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Irvine, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA. Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Economics, Administration, Finance, Strategic Planning, Statistics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in strategic planning or real estate portfolio planning.
About the job
- Experience with technology including spreadsheet and presentation tools, CAFM applications, SQL, visualization tools, and statistical packages.
- Experience developing real estate solutions with regional portfolio leads, customers, and business partners.
- Experience solving complex problems through quantitative data analysis and modeling.
- Experience with extended workforce procurement and management.
- Understanding of real estate finance, investment, financial analysis, construction, and project timelines.
- Ability to gather and synthesize complex data from various systems in HR, Finance, and other departments to drive real estate related decisions.
As a Strategic Planner on the Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team, you will be responsible for developing regional growth strategies to satisfy complex and expanding business needs. You will use data, insights, and problem-solving skills to develop and present multiple space scenarios to REWS stakeholders that optimize our real estate portfolio and meet the needs of the business. You will build relationships with cross-functional partners, including regional Portfolio and Facilities directors, transactions, finance, HR, and the client-facing Business Partner (BP) teams to anticipate and understand the requests coming from different client groups, assess the space options available and recommend solutions that take into account engaging priorities and business objectives. You will help to create standards, processes and tools to align planning processes across the region. As Google’s diverse businesses continue to grow, you will revise and update our planning scenarios based on the changing requirements of the business and the adaptations in our real estate portfolio.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work - fromhow we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $156,000-$239,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google. Responsibilities
- Deliver relevant data flows, analytics and insights on Google's global, regional and local growth, headcount and space needs. Help identify and develop tools, frameworks, and reports that expedite decisions by the local real estate executive team and business units.
- Emphasis on understanding the dynamics of core and emerging technical talent markets across the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
- Monitor the overall balance of regional real estate portfolios. Predict and identify where and when we will have an imbalance of space and drive solutions that balance local needs for Google.
- Work with cross-functional collaborators and leadership to support the development of comprehensive strategies. Drive strategic recommendations and guide proposals through review and approval.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.