Wildlife Conservation Society has part time positions available for individuals who want to work in a collaborative environment. This job vacancy mandates that you have passed High School to apply for the position. The successful applicant for this job will be entitled to a salary of $17 - 22. The job opening is based in Bronx, however, the company is open to considering candidates who reside in other areas and meet the requirements listed below. The Staff Trainer job vacancy was initiated on December 10, 2023, and it will end on March 5, 2024.
VISITOR SERVICES Job Description
Location: Bronx Zoo
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Department(s): Visitor Services
Pay Rate : $20.00/hour
Reports to: Manager of Staff Training
Before submitting any job application online, remember to keep in mind these crucial factors to avoid falling victim to fraudulent job postings. Verify that you are on the legitimate liquidscapes.info website to prevent any possible harm. If you are unsure about a potential employer's legitimacy, research the company and verify their contact information before sharing any personal information. Before applying for any job, research the company's customer base and target audience to ensure that it's a well-established and profitable organization. To be sure the job is real and the position is open, it's always a good idea to contact the company directly. A reputable employer will not conduct interviews solely via text or email, so it's important to be cautious if this is the case. Be wary of job postings that ask for personal information such as your social security number or bank account information, as this could be an indication of identity theft or fraud. Beware of job listings that require you to purchase a 'starter kit' or other materials before you can start working. It's not safe to use your personal bank account for job postings, so be wary of any that require it. Use caution when considering job postings that seem too good to be true or promise unrealistic rewards.
Schedule: Must be able to work Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. May schedule an additional 1-2 days per week.
Hours: 8:30AM-4:30PM Position Overview
Facilitates engaging, dynamic, and informative staff training to motivate high-performing teams of part-time/Temporary employees in support of exceptional guest service and sales objectives. These classes will include a comprehensive and standardized introduction to WCS's parks, mission, customer service, and sales initiatives. Supports the Manager in other training initiatives that enhance the visitor experience and maximize revenue. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualification Requirements Requirements
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the WCS NY City zoos and aquarium.
- Presents provided lesson plans using a variety of instructional techniques such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, and videos
- Role models and train customer service concepts to ensure employees are prepared to actively support the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Trains loss prevention and sales concepts to protect assets and increase revenue goals
- Confers with and maintains positive relationships with management, supervisors, and employees to gain knowledge of work situations that require training and/or additional support
- Completes administrative functions such as class scheduling; updating and distributing support materials; and collecting and collating employment data.
- Assists the Manager in other training programs and initiatives as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer some college, especially in a related field (e.g. training or education)
- Proven experience leading presentations for small to mid-sized youth/young adult groups
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to answer questions and adapt to classroom environment
- Excellent written communication
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skill
- Strong organizational capabilities, including time management
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills including PowerPoint or other presentation software
- Experience in customer service, sales, or other relevant areas.
Temporary/Seasonal Salary Range
If you have given this job vacancy a close look, now is the time to make a decision. If you believe that you are the right fit for this job, we encourage you to apply and demonstrate your skills and experience. If you have any concerns or questions about this job posting, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. When it comes to job applications, it's better to be a perfectionist than to make careless mistakes.