This position is based in California, but the employer is open to considering candidates from other areas if they meet the necessary qualifications. If you're looking for a change, full time work might be the right move for you. January 9, 2024 marked the beginning of the Associate, FS&A, Plans job offer, which will be removed on April 8, 2024. To be eligible for this job, you need to possess 36 months of experience working in the same field. If you succeed in getting this job, you will earn $68,000 - 87,000 / year.
Los Angeles, California
Before submitting any job application online, remember to keep in mind these critical tips to avoid falling prey to fraudulent job postings. To avoid wasting time and effort on illegitimate job postings, research the company before applying for any job. If you're not sure if the job posting is genuine or not, contact the company to verify it. Job postings that require you to use your personal bank account for any reason should be avoided. Make certain you're using the correct URL for liquidscapes.info to stay safe online. Be cautious of job offers that only provide email or text message interviews, as these can be a sign of a scam. Your intuition can often tell you whether or not a job posting is legitimate, so trust your instincts. Don't fall for job postings that require payment for any sort of training or equipment. Avoid potential identity theft by being cautious about sharing personal information with potential employers. Watch out for job postings that ask you to provide a credit report or background check before being considered for a job, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity.
Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 247 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
The Plans & Pricing team is responsible for shaping the strategy behind some of our most impactful initiatives in subscriber growth, monetization, and ads scaling. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow quickly in this space, work closely with a highly cross-functional and global team, and contribute to some of the most transformative initiatives in our industry.
In this role, you will evaluate the viability of various product, pricing, and plans initiatives around growth and monetization to understand their short and long-term implications to the business. You will help develop and refine product features and go-to-market to contribute to broader business objectives. To do this, the role requires an encompassing view of Netflix’s performance as well as industry trends and consumer perception. We are looking for an analytically driven individual to join our team as an Associate (in our Los Angeles or Los Gatos offices), with an eye for detail and the ability to interact with different cross-functional partners (Product, Engineering, Data Science, Corporate Development, Content Strategy, etc.) as well as senior executives. Responsibilities:
What we are looking for:
- Advise cross-functional teams on the development of product features and new business models.
- Develop models to understand the mechanics and business impacts of different initiatives around customer growth, monetization, plans, and pricing.
- Help build a product and business roadmap by prioritizing projects and product features based on their contribution to business objectives.
- Work with data science and product teams to monitor the performance of past initiatives to iterate and improve on achieving business goals.
- Devise strategies to increase the efficacy of our product features, communication, plans structure, and pricing through cross-functional collaboration.
- Participate in forums across all our markets to understand dynamics and intricacies of each region.
- Work with cross-functional partnersto make sure our largest projects are reflected in our planning. You’ll provide input to our revenue and budgeting teams on the expected impact of some of our biggest initiatives.
- You’ll tell stories. Translate our initiatives into presentations and memos for cross-functional partners and senior management to facilitate decision-making and disseminate information.
- Help track industry developments and relevant benchmarks to understand impacts and implications to our business.
- 3 years of experience in an analytically driven role, ideally in investment banking, consulting, or strategy at a technology or entertainment company. Experience in product strategy is a plus.
- Strong modeling skills and comfort managing large sets of data.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Experience in SQL, Tableau is a strong plus.
- Passion for the entertainment industry and knowledge about the competitive landscape is strongly preferred.
- A strong attention to detail and eye towards using the 80/20 rule to address problems.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently; must thrive in a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
- Highly intellectually curious, has the courage to challenge the status quo, and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $60,000-$290,000
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
The job posting provides valuable information to help you decide if this job aligns with your values and career aspirations. We welcome applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and can fulfill the responsibilities and requirements. Remember, your job application is your chance to make a great first impression – make sure that it's accurate, complete, and well-crafted. Please only apply for this job if you meet all of the qualifications and requirements.