Take some time to think about whether full time work is what you're looking for. This job is located in Chicago, but the company is open to the possibility of remote work for the right candidate. The salary you will be entitled to if you are offered this job is USD 66,000 - 84,000 / year. The job listing, titled Strategic Improvement Specialist, Office of the Patient Experience, was posted on January 9, 2024 and will expire on April 8, 2024. To be considered for this job, you must have acquired 60 months of work experience in the same field.
The Office of the Patient Experience at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is seeking to hire a full-time Strategic Improvement Specialist. The Strategic Improvement Specialist supports system-wide patient experience improvement strategy by maintaining the organization’s patient experience surveys and data and acting as a patient experience coach to area leaders on strategies designed to improve the patient experience. This role provides all levels of management, physicians, and clinical staff with accurate and timely data for effective decision making and assists leaders by providing coaching support that contributes the development of performance improvement plans.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides internal coaching to hospital-based leadership and staff in order to drive patient experience improvement and help to ensure the achievement of patient experience-related goals.
- Actively participates as a mentor, trainer and coach to assist leaders/faculty/staff in the aspects of the patient experience.
- Coordinates all aspects of UIHC’s Patient Experience Surveys including development of sampling methodology, new survey development, maintenance, reporting, and data analysis/interpretation.
- Develop a consultant/advisor relationship with assigned clinics and units to build and sustain a patient and family-centered focus and environment.
- Applies process improvement concepts and methodologies to identify and address current service performance gaps.
- Develops, reviews, interprets, and presents standardized reports and custom reports in response to requests from Administration and other stakeholders using various reporting systems such as the Press Ganey portal, Tableau/Tableau server, etc.
- Provides end-user training and assistance regarding reporting systems, data analysis/interpretation, and improvement strategy development.
- Participates in the identification of service performance targets, strategic planning, and decision-making processes.
- Serves as a liaison to UIHC personnel with regards to patient experience surveys.
- Participates in departmental and/or intradepartmental committees.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to rapidly collect and analyze data, identify and define problems, establish root cause, and identify and implement optimal solutions.
- Experience in effectively coaching, influencing, collaborating, and consulting with individuals at all levels of the organization including physicians, nurse, managers, department heads, clinic administrators, and senior hospital administrators.
- Ability to observe staff/provider behaviors and provide immediate feedback and coaching in a positive/constructive manner.
- Excellent public speaking and/or teaching skills.
- Ability to design and deliver impactful presentations to broad audiences.
- Ability to inspire and initiate innovative thinking surrounding patient experience at UIHC.
- Strong group facilitation and conflict management skills and a demonstrated ability to unite individuals around a common goal.
- A strong sense of personal accountability, passion, and ownership for achieving sustained patient experience excellence across the health system.
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize, manage, and execute simultaneous tasks.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects through their life cycle.
- The ability to apply change management methods to assigned projects.
Percent of Time: 100%, full-time
Work Schedule: Some flexibility between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
Work Location: This position is located at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA
University job classification: Quality & Operations Improvement Engineer/PAF3
Salarylevel 5A; to view the entire pay range for 5A: Professional and Scientific Pay Structures | University Human Resources - The University of Iowa (uiowa.edu)
When searching for jobs online, it's important to be aware of some key factors to avoid wasting your time on scams and fraudulent job postings. Never agree to wire money or send gift cards to a potential employer. Trust your intuition and use your common sense when evaluating job postings to avoid scams and frauds. It's a red flag if a job posting requires you to use your personal bank account for transactions. Protect your personal information when dealing with potential employers. Be careful of job postings that claim to be for a -limited time only- or have an urgent deadline. Job interviews conducted only over text or email may indicate a scam, so be careful and do your due diligence. Before applying for any job, make sure to research the company thoroughly to verify its authenticity and credibility. Reach out to the company to confirm that the job posting is legitimate and they are seeking applicants.
Benefits Highlights: Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits.
About the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics: The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Living in the Iowa City area: The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is located along the picturesque Iowa River in Iowa City, a city of some 77,000 people (170,000+ in the metro area) regularly ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live. Iowa City is less than four hours from Chicago and within five hours of Minneapolis, St. Louis, and Kansas City, readily accessible via interstate highways and a regional airport 30 minutes away.
Education and Experience Required:
- A bachelor's degree in business, data analytics, healthcare administration or a related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- 3-5 years’ related experience in coaching/training or data analytics (preferably related to patient or customer experience).
- Experience organizing, analyzing, synthesizing, and displaying data to support effective decision making.
- Superior written/verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the organization.
- Excellent public speaking and/or teaching skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- A master's degree or Ph.D. in business, data analytics, healthcare administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics, data management systems and research.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Tableau.
- Experience in infographics (e.g., data dashboard design) is desired.
- Experience in operations, performance improvement or patient experience within a healthcare setting.
- Previous experience in an academic medical center.
- Some knowledge of University of Iowa Healthcare policies, procedures, and regulations.
- In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a current resume and a cover letter (and mark both as “relevant file”) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on January 22, or on date of closing.
- Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- This position is not eligible for University of Iowa sponsorship for employment authorization.
- For questions, contact Heidi Bodensteiner at [email protected].
Have you had a chance to review this job vacancy in detail? If so, it's time to make a decision. In the world of job applications, accuracy and attention to detail are what separate the successful candidates from the rest. If you have any questions or concerns about this job posting, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification. If you are confident in your qualifications and experience, we welcome you to submit your application for this job posting. Nonetheless, if this job vacancy doesn't meet your needs, liquidscapes.info offers several other options to consider.