December 7, 2023 marked the start of the job vacancy for Cook I, which will no longer be accessible after March 6, 2024. Although the job opportunity is based in Cincinnati, the employer is open to considering candidates from other areas if they meet the necessary requirements. $15 - 20 is the amount you will earn if you are selected for this job. HEI Hotels & Resorts offers several full time positions, but make sure that the work structure and expectations align with your career aspirations before you apply.
Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions. Responsibilities
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
When searching for jobs online, it's crucial to keep in mind some key factors to avoid wasting your time and effort on scams and fraudulent job postings. Confirm that the job posting is legitimate and the company is hiring by getting in touch with them. Genuine job offers will usually involve an in-person or phone interview, not just text or email correspondence. Any job posting that asks for payment before hiring is likely a scam. Never give your personal bank account information to potential employers through job postings, as it's a red flag. Make sure you're browsing the official liquidscapes.info website to prevent any harm. Your instincts are often your best defense against online job scams. Be cautious of job postings that require you to purchase equipment or supplies upfront, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job opportunity. Researching the company before applying for any job is crucial to ensure that it's a legitimate and reliable organization. Don't disclose sensitive personal information to potential employers until you have verified that they are legitimate and trustworthy.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Your decision to apply for the job should be based on your understanding of the job posting and your own career goals and interests. Remember, accuracy is what sets successful candidates apart from those who are not chosen for the job. We encourage individuals who have thoroughly reviewed this job posting and feel that they are a good fit to apply for this job. We want to ensure that all applicants are fully committed and interested in this job opportunity.