Job Posting: Summary of Position:
The New Program Associate is responsible for supporting the research and strategic development, analysis, communication, and execution of all new programs across UMA Education, Inc. This position will provide support to the Research & Development team for all new program initiatives that contribute to the organization’s strategic vision.
The New Program Associate will report to the Director, Program Research & Development.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Anticipated starting salary of $75,000; pay rate negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Support the new program research development process, including:
- Organizing and maintaining departmental files in a central location for all stakeholders who need access to information gathered from input sources relevant to program development, such as feedback from employers (including that gathered by Career Services and Nasium), faculty and Advisory Board commentary (as gathered by Education), and market research (obtained through third parties).
- Research and documentation of state, accreditation, and certifying body requirements to offer programming (both directly to students and directly to employers) through Ultimate Medical Academy, Nasium, and any other UMA Education, Inc. segments.
- Conduct in-depth market research and analysis to identify emerging trends, competitive landscapes, and growth opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry-wide perspective on major trends, customer needs, regulatory, technology, etc.
- Support and develop presentation materials to deliver research summaries to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Program Research & Development or Vice President, Research & Development.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data into summaries appropriate for management consumption
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven individual with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated critical problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and carefully follow all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to other team members as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- 1 year of experience in a research-related role
- Higher education sector experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Able to professionally communicate fluently in verbal and written English and otherwise interact professionally with other team members and those in other UMA departments.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and other business toolssuch as Microsoft Teams and Skype.
- Demonstrated history of utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information and provide actionable insights.
- Excellent analytic, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining strong attention to detail is crucial in UMA’s fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- High energy, entrepreneurial self-starter who works well in a complex, fast-paced, demanding and constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate both verbally and in writing and be comfortable communicating with all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills, including follow-up and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high-pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work full-remote, on-site, or a hybrid attendance model.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting.
OUR VALUES Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody. ACT WITH INTEGRITY
We operate honestly and ethically in an industry-compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable. CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential. COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS
We are committed to our team members’ success and to each other’s success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students. P URSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE
We pursue results with a sense of urgency and purpose. We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges. HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small. WORK AS ONE
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together - as one - ensuring that the goals of the company are the focal point of our efforts.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/