Although this job is based in Colorado, the employer is open to the possibility of remote work for the right candidate. The job you applied for offers USD 20 - 30 as the salary for the selected candidate. It is necessary to have passed High School as a minimum qualification to apply for this job. September 9, 2023 is when the job offer for the Patient Registration Associate position became available, and it will expire on December 8, 2023. Kaiser Permanente is accepting resumes for full time positions.
SEIU Local 105 - $21.47 - $24.42
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.
Before proceeding with your job search online, make sure to keep these crucial factors in mind to avoid scams and fraudulent job postings. When reviewing job postings, be sure to research the company and read reviews from other employees to ensure the job posting is legitimate. Job postings that ask you to pay a fee to attend a training seminar or event are often scams. Get in touch with the employer to validate the job posting and ensure that it's a genuine opportunity. Keep in mind that legitimate employers will typically provide a detailed job description, required qualifications, and an application process. Avoid job postings that require you to share your personal bank account information for any reason. Don't take any chances with your job search; always research the company to ensure that it's a genuine and reputable organization. Be cautious when sharing personal information with foreign employers or recruiters, as different countries may have different privacy laws and regulations. Job interviews conducted only via text or email may be a sign of a potential scam, so it's important to be cautious.
Acts as first point of contact for Kaiser Permanente members/patients and assists members/patients through registration process under minimal direct supervision. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Greets each member with a smile, eye contact, proper tone and welcoming body language. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport, cooperative relationships and displays appropriate empathy with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems. Follows processes, handles higher level customer issues, to include eligibility, benefit and billing concerns. Practices proper cash handling and reconciliation processes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. Responsible to collect all patient financial liabilities.
- Serves as ambassadors for Kaiser Permanente by exhibiting respectful, professional, courteous and friendly behavior towards and around our patients and members and supporting the member/patient experience. Supporting the member/patient experience through active listening, seeking to understand and building relationships with our member/patient. Greets all members/patients/anyone that approaches your work space appropriately with a smile. Assist with way finding along with environment monitoring of member/patient areas. Create a seamless member/patient experience between registration and the receiving department.
- Perform the Standard Registration Process for sign-in and check-in procedures. To include maintenance of member demographics, i.e. preferences of language, name and communication methods. Identify New Members and assist with packets. Intake forms and follows department guidelines: PFL/HIPAA/Disability and other forms part of the frontend process. To include electronic forms, CDs and questionnaires. Generate member printouts upon request (i.e. Billing report and Evidence of Coverage). Assist with scheduling routine and follow-up appointments as needed and directs members according to appointment and clinical notes. Handling incoming and outgoing communication for departments. Consistently demonstrates the ability to prioritize and multitask as it relates to the member experience. Meets and/or exceeds regional and departmental performance standards.
- Uses available resources and tools to determine patient account status and eligibility. Selects or creates the appropriate account type at time of registration for the following: benefits, eligibility, patient liability, third party, coordination of benefits, venture programs, automobile insurance, workers compensation insurance, fee for service, or services for non-members. Address complex eligibility issues, benefit explanation questions and billing and customer service concerns.
- Collect patient financial liabilities such as copay, pre-service dollars, deductibles and outstanding balance. Practices proper cash handling and reconciliation processes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. May be responsible for ordering and maintaining cash/change orders.
- Provides information and has expert knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and its health plan portfolio, services and business cycle. Provides clear & concise instruction to members for accessing Kp.org/patient website & other on-line tools. Along with resetting Kp.org passwords and ordering replacement ID cards as needed.
- Must pass Patient Registration Knowledge assessment two weeks after training at 90% or higher.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving during challenging patient interactions and situations. Ability to recognize and to follow appropriate procedures for medical and non-medical emergencies. Video monitored with panic button linked to security services.
- Performs advanced Account Reconciliation which may include:
- Proactive reconciliation
- Correcting known benefit issues
- Account maintenance
- Addressing and correcting eligibility issues.
- Validating undistributed payments
- Setting up payment plans for members
- May work in fluctuating temperatures. May have to work in a high traffic area with constant interruptions. May work in a restricted space with artificial lighting, confined by computer and related equipment with limited movement. May be required to stand or sit for extended periods of time and may rotate between work stations throughout the medical office. Required to remain in assigned area and adhere to scheduled breaks and lunch. Medical office environment includes working in proximity to sick members with possible direct contact with potentially sick members. Some occupational lifting up to 30 lbs and squatting required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of work experience involving public contact, clerical, reception.
- Two (2) years of work experience involving cash handling or cash balance or reconciliation to include one (1) year of work experience using multiple business software applications simultaneously.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High school graduation or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service orientation, problem solving and verbal communication ability. Must enjoy constant public contact.
- Data Entry 4500 KPH with 5% error rate or less.
- Typing with 35 wpm with 5% error rate or less.
- Math assessment - must obtain a proficient score between 2.51 or above.
- Comprehension/critical thinking must obtain a proficient score 2.51 or above.
- Basic Computer Literacy must have a score 70% or higher.
- Service assessment must obtain score in the 31st percentile or above.
PrimaryLocation : Colorado,Centennial,Arapahoe Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 20
Shift : Evening
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : C01|SEIU|Local 105
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Administrative & Support Services
Department : Arapahoe Medical Offices - Reception/Cashier - 1608
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Have you taken the time to read this job posting carefully? If so, it's time to make a decision. It is important to us that applicants have a clear understanding of the job expectations before applying. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and meet the qualifications. In the world of job applications, accuracy and attention to detail are highly valued by recruiters. Alternatively, you might want to explore other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that match your career goals and aspirations.