January 8, 2024 is when the job vacancy for the Program Administrative Support Associate role was released, and it will come to an end on April 7, 2024. The salary for this job is $56,000 - 72,000 / year for the person who is chosen for the role. Have you thought about whether full time work aligns with your personal and professional development goals? This job vacancy requires that you have a minimum qualification of High School. This job is located in Colorado, but the company is open to the possibility of remote work for the right candidate.
Posting Title Program Administrative Support Associate . Location CO - Golden . Position Type Regular . Hours Per Week 40 . Working at NREL The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Golden, Colorado is the nation's primary laboratory for research and development of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies. From day one at NREL, you’ll connect with coworkers driven by the same mission to save the planet. By joining an organization that values a supportive, inclusive, and flexible work environment, you’ll have the opportunity to engage through our ten employee resource groups, numerous employee-driven clubs, and learning and professional development classes. NREL supports inclusive, diverse, and unbiased hiring practices that promote creativity and innovation. By collaborating with organizations that focus on diverse talent pools, reaching out to underrepresented demographics, and providing an inclusive application and interview process, our Talent Acquisition team aims to hear all voices equally. We strive to attract a highly diverse workforce and create a culture where every employee feels welcomed and respected and they can be their authentic selves. Our planet needs us! Learn about NREL’s critical objectives, and see how NREL is focused on saving the planet. Note: Research suggests that potential job seekers may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who is interested in this opportunity to apply. We seek dedicated people who believe they have the skills and ambition to succeed at NREL to apply for this role. Job Description This Program Administrative Support Associate will provide high-level administrative support for the Energy System’s Integration (ESI) Chief of Staff (COS) and multiple Laboratory Program Manager’s (LPM’s) within the ESI Directorate. This person will be responsible for executing moderately complex administrative functions with little oversight to provide timely, accurate, and effective administrative support for the business, and operational functions of the ESI Leadership Team, based on ESI’s requirements. This position necessitates strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize multiple demands, the ability and desire to work across ESI and across NREL. The ideal candidate will also act as a resource to staff on institutional processes, procedures and requirements and proactively develop or provide input to directorate administrative practices. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the ESI Chief of Staff (COS) with calendar management, meeting scheduling, timelines, and tasks as needed.
- Be a back up for other Program Administrative Support Associates when they are out, and coordinate on tasks or meetings as applicable.
- Coordinate events, scheduling, communication, logistics and delivery.
- Assist with complex foreign and domestic travel requests and expenses.
- Highly skilled in communicating with DOE, and high level external partners to NREL.
- Coordinate NREL process for all visitors.
- Stay current with NREL policies and procedures, and assist (Laboratory Program Management (LPM) cohort in procedure compliance.
- Consistently communicate with LPM cohort to ensure support aligns with cohort needs.
- Serve as a Concur and Outlook delegate for COS and cohort.
- Primary point of contact for COS and LPM cohort
- Act as a resource to staff on institutional processes, procedures, and requirements, and provide input and recommendations on organization-specific administrative practices.
- Work cooperatively with other administrative staff on group tasks, activities, and events.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in an office environment where there are frequent interruptions and continually shifting priorities, with a knack for getting things done with attention to detail in such an environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and take initiative as needed in non-routine situations.
- Interface effectively with the ESI leadership team, external DOE clients, and industry partners.
- Occasionally prepare for and manage logistics for meetings and special events, this includes event planning and coordination of large-scale multi-day events with external participants (agenda development, speaker coordination, transportation planning, registration, audiovisual, and catering services).
- Follow all ES&H policies and procedures to ensure and maintain a safe working environment.
To avoid being scammed, it's crucial to remember some vital factors when applying for jobs online. Keep your personal information safe by limiting what you share with potential employers. Always verify the legitimacy of a company and job posting before providing any personal information or submitting an application. It's important to research the company's products and services to understand its industry and competitive landscape before applying for any job. A reputable employer will want to have a face-to-face conversation with you before hiring you. Always be wary of job postings that offer too-good-to-be-true job opportunities or benefits, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job posting. Connect with the employer to verify the job's authenticity and ensure that they are hiring. Staying on the official liquidscapes.info page is crucial to prevent any negative consequences. It's a red flag if a job posting requires you to use your personal bank account for transactions. Be wary of job postings that require you to pay for shipping or handling of products.
- Additional duties as requested.
. Basic Qualifications High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or, relevant Associate's Degree or certification program of comparable scope and 2 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Considerable knowledge of specialized focused business support functions. Complete understanding of the general and detailed aspects of thebusiness support activities, and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Experienced skills in applicable software packages and office equipment. Demonstrated project administration skills. Full knowledge of specific principles, procedures and practices related to supported fields and disciplines. Strong written and verbal communication skills, team and interpersonal skills.
- Must meet educational requirements prior to employment start date.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Considerable knowledge of specialized focused business support functions and a broad understanding of principles, procedures, and practices related to administrative support fields.
- Excellent computer skills on Mac and/or PC platforms, including but not limited to proficiency with Microsoft Office components (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Preview/Acrobat, etc.
- Web Conferencing experience.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize duties, multitask and complete assignments with strict deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication by providing clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Strong initiative and ability to and enjoy working within ambiguity.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism in an environment with sensitive and proprietary information regarding technical and administrative activities.
- Aptitude for quickly learning new skills, new processes, and unfamiliar business software systems with complicated user interfaces.
- Demonstrated project administration skills.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits a positive, “how can I help,” can-do attitude.
Preferred Qualifications . Job Application Submission Window The anticipated closing window for application submission is up to 30 days and may be extended as needed. Annual Salary Range (based on full-time 40 hours per week) Job Profile: Business Support III / Annual Salary Range: $49,100 - $78,600 NREL takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. Benefits Summary Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; short*- and long-term disability insurance; pension benefits*; 403(b) Employee Savings Plan with employer match*; life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance; personal time off (PTO) and sick leave; paid holidays; and tuition reimbursement*. NREL employees may be eligible for, but are not guaranteed, performance-, merit-, and achievement- based awards that include a monetary component. Some positions may be eligible for relocation expense reimbursement. Limited-term positions are not eligible for long-term disability or tuition reimbursement.
- Based on eligibility rules
Drug Free Workplace NREL is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace in accordance with the federal Drug-Free Workplace Act and complies with federal laws prohibiting the possession and use of illegal drugs. Under federal law, marijuana remains an illegal drug. If you are offered employment at NREL, you must pass a pre-employment drug test prior to commencing employment. Unless prohibited by state or local law, the pre-employment drug test will include marijuana. If you test positive on the pre-employment drug test, your offer of employment may be withdrawn. Submission Guidelines Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at NREL you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application. . EEO Policy NREL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. EEO is the Law | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination | Reasonable Accommodations E-Verify www.dhs.gov/E-Verify For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish. E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
After reading this job vacancy carefully, it's time to make a decision. Have you done so? The key to success in job applications is taking the time to ensure that your work is accurate and complete. We encourage individuals who have carefully reviewed this job posting and feel that they are a strong fit to apply for this job. It is important to us that you carefully evaluate if this job is the right fit for you before submitting an application.