Have you thought about whether full time work is a good match for your preferred work location and travel requirements? December 5, 2023 marked the beginning of the job opportunity for the Education Services Specialist (35 Hour) (Hybrid) role, which will close on February 28, 2024. Not knowing the salary, you can negotiate based on the company's approach to employee job security and stability. This job is based in Connecticut, but since it's remote work, you can do it from anywhere in the world.
The Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) is accepting applications for an Education Services Specialist, to join our Office of Strategic Planning and Partnerships (OSPP). We are seeking an experienced professional with a background in grants and data management to support our office located in Hartford, CT.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive starting salary
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Paid time off including 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- A culture that encourages work/life balance
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Ample free parking with easy access from major highways or by public transportation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work for a Forbes top company: State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
This Education Service Specialist will support interdistrict magnet schools by providing technical assistance and oversight of interdistrict magnet schools to support school integration and diversity goals. Under the direction of the Bureau Chief, the selected candidate will:
- Provide support to school administrators by interpreting and implementing relevant magnet legislation.
- Serve as liaison between the CSDE and magnet school operators relative to magnet school operations, enrollment management and diversity requirements, corrective action planning, and grant management.
- Monitor magnet school enrollment for trends and anomalies and compliance with the diversity goal requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to school districts with developing new interdistrict magnet schools capable of reducing racial, ethnic, and economic isolation.
- Monitor school choice grants that support school operations and academic programming.
- Collaborate with school districts and other state agencies to support building construction projects to ensure alignment with approved interdistrict magnet school operations plans.
Our ideal candidate has professional experience working with school administrators and supporting districts to provide school integration as well as the following:
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong writing and data presentation skills.
- Experience working with large Excel/Access databases.
- Extensive experience with budget development, management, and oversight.
- Extensive experience with collection of data and reporting.
- Experience managing and implementing school desegregation plans.
- Experience working with or in the Connecticut School Choice system.
- Full time, 35 hours per week
- Monday through Friday
- First shift hours
- Located in Hartford, CT
- Hybrid (office/telework) work schedules may be available
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial applicationprocess. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to [email protected].
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
- Please visit our "Applicant Tips on How to Apply" page.
Important Information After You Apply:
Before you proceed with your job search online, make sure to keep in mind these important elements to avoid scams and fraud. Be wary of providing personal information until you have confirmed the employer's identity. Exercise caution if a job posting asks you to use your personal bank account for any reason. If a potential employer wants to conduct an interview only via text or email, it's important to be cautious and verify their authenticity. Use common sense when applying for jobs online and avoid any job postings that seem too good to be true. Reach out to the employer to confirm that the job posting is real and that they are hiring for the position. Keep an eye out for job postings that require you to sign up for a free trial or subscription before being considered for a job, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity. To avoid job scams and fraudulent job postings, always research the company before applying for any job.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Connect With Us:
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact [email protected].
In the Departments of Aging and Disability Services, Developmental Services, and Education assists in planning and executing a program for the improvement of education in the state, responsible under supervision for carrying out specific assignments of limited difficulty and scope. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Assists in the development and administration of educational programs and services offered by the state;
- Provides professional leadership and guidance to school authorities, professional organizations, students and various community groups and individuals;
- May personally administer certain phases of educational program within the framework of bureau policy;
- May assist in directing the routine functioning of the bureau;
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of the philosophy and methods of education with particular reference to the field concerned;
- Teaching skill;
- Ability to
- prepare reports;
- deal effectively with others.
A Master's degree and three (3) years of professional experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience monitoring grant programs.
- Experience creating and running ad-hoc queries using Excel, or Access.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data sets and reporting readable outcomes.
- Experience creating data visualizations, statistical analyses and data reports.
- Experience interpreting and implementing state legislation.
- Experience working with interdistrict magnet schools.
Incumbents in this class in certain positions may be required to possess an appropriate certificate issued by the State Board of Education.
Have you thought about the potential impact this job opening could have on your overall career trajectory? If so, it's time to make a decision. Remember, it's not about submitting your application quickly – it's about submitting a quality application. If you are confident that you meet the qualifications and requirements, we encourage you to apply for this job. Please make sure to carefully evaluate if this job aligns with your personal and professional goals before applying. Likewise, there are other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that might offer a better fit for your career goals.