Work experience in the same field for at least 84 months is a crucial requirement for this job. full time work can be a good way to work on a variety of projects and tasks. The job vacancy entitled Senior Policy Analyst, Transportation and Safety was announced on December 26, 2023, and it will be removed on March 20, 2024. Although the job is located in Connecticut, it is a remote job that provides the freedom to work from any location with an internet connection. USD 107,000 - 138,000 / year is the salary that you will get for this job, should you be the successful applicant.
OVERVIEW: For decades, our mission at Consumer Reports has been to press for a safer and more equitable marketplace for everyone. We are working on establishing new standards for safety across many industries via strong standards, partnerships, consumer demand (including our ratings), corporate engagement, and public pressure. This includes a focus on companies to no longer treat safety as a luxury by charging people extra for essential features, and to make sure that innovation and safety go hand in hand.
As a Senior Policy Analyst you will report to the Associate Director, Safety Policy. You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to ensure wide availability of high-performing auto safety technology, standards for the safe use of automation, and protections for pedestrians and cyclists.
Learn more about the work we’ve done on behalf of consumers:
Under our CRFlex program, this is a hybrid position and is eligible for remote work up to 90%. The successful candidate must reside within 75 miles of one of our main office locations (Yonkers, NY / Washington, DC / Colchester, CT).
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT: How You'll Make an Impact:
Before you apply for any job online, it's vital to keep in mind some key factors to avoid falling victim to job scams. Don't provide personal information unless it is necessary for the job application. Use caution when responding to job postings that seem too good to be true or promise quick and easy money. Legitimate employers will typically use more formal methods for scheduling and conducting job interviews. You should never have to pay for a job opportunity with a reputable company. Always take the time to research the company to avoid fraudulent job postings and to ensure that it's a trustworthy organization. Exercise caution if a job posting asks you to use your personal bank account for any reason. It is advisable to contact the company to make sure the job opening is genuine and that they are hiring for the position. Avoid job postings that require you to pay for training or certification to start the job.
As a public facing consumer advocate, you will carry out policy analysis and innovative campaign strategies to drive marketplace change on transportation, including to promote consumer safety on our roads.
- Advocating for public policy and business practices to improve transportation for consumers and advance road safety.
- Developing proposals and compelling arguments to guide business practices and public policies that will protect consumers.
- Providing rapid-response analysis of industry and government actions, research reports, and emerging issues, delivering insights to reporters, policymakers, companies, and other CR divisions.
- Testifying before government agencies and, when possible, Congress on consumer policies and the findings of Consumer Reports’ research, testing, and journalism.
- Speaking publicly to call for changes to improve transportation and safety, including on panels, at events, and to the media, in coordination with our communications team.
- Collaborating with CR staff at our Auto Test Center in Connecticut to improve the marketplace for consumers. We anticipate this to include a quarterly in-person visit.
ABOUT YOU: You’ll Be Highly Rated If:
You are a consumer advocate at heart. You’re passionate about issues that impact consumers and support a more equitable marketplace.
- You are a policy wonk. You have at least 7 years of experience working on policy issues.
- You are deadline driven. You are focused on meeting short- and long-term goals and objectives, and overcoming challenges to meet deadlines.
- You are a strong communicator. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable translating findings and insights into compelling narratives for non-technical audiences.
- You have earned a degree. Bachelor’s degree required.
You'll be one of our top picks if:
You understand the space. You have experience in the transportation or safety space, especially as an advocate.
- You understand that teamwork makes the dream work. Your experience includes working collaboratively with colleagues across an organization.
#LI-hybrid WHO WE ARE: Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone. Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match. Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE: At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $115k to $130k. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience. Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Ensure you meet all the necessary qualifications before applying to save time and effort, based on the information in the posting. If you have any hesitations or doubts about this job posting, we encourage you to reach out to us before applying. We welcome applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and can fulfill the responsibilities and requirements. In the world of job applications, accuracy and attention to detail are what separate the successful candidates from the rest. Moreover, if this job vacancy isn't suitable, there are other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that might be a better fit.