There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have the best talent in the world. Our Global Talent Acquisition team is on the frontlines of building the future of our company, one hire at a time. From corporate to operations, pilot to flight attendant, and early career to executive, our team crafts outstanding experiences for our candidates and hiring managers, with diversity, equity and inclusion top-of-mind in everything we do.
The Airport Operations department keeps operations at our airports running smoothly through planning, organization and supervision.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Manager or Airport Operations - Ramp Service, is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Ramp Operations at Denver International Airport. The Leader is responsible to lead, align and develop front line supervisors and frontline employees. Responsible to implement station financial and operational plans and adjust as needed throughout the year to achieve corporate and local station goals. Responsible for delivering station and system goals as established in the Go Forward Plan. The leader must possess operational expertise and decision-making capability, financial, technology, logistics and management subject areas to support and create strategic objectives and direction. The leader must possess experience in goal directed leadership, analytical thinking, financial controls, budgeting, customer service and policy/procedures. Must have in depth knowledge or department work rules and good relationship with Union leaders. The Manager collaborates with other departments including the Operations Control center, Flight Ops, Inflight, Maintenance, in addition to government agencies.
- A high-level overview of duties will include, but not be limited to:
o Creating and Leading a Safety Culture that is second to none o Managing the daily Below the Wing activities and responsibilities at the Hub Level o Daily operational involvement and support as inter-departmental liaison, with responsibility of maintaining customer service standards, monitoring current day staffing for operational needs, schedule review and implementation, and statistical and financial reporting and evaluation o Provide leadership and direction for the Frontline Supervision and the agent group o Facilitate informational sessions with the frontline employee group o Participate in the inter-departmental meetings and planning sessions o Develop and implement policies and programs designed to retain and motivate employees and proactively encourage perfect attendance and operational performance o Point of contact for assigned Below the Wing projects involving other departments o Closely monitor on-time performance to ensure we are maintaining required and expected levels of performance in the Domestic andInternational markets o Closely monitor performance relative to MBR and Local Baggage Delivery and ensure we are maintaining required and expected levels of performance o Ensure regulatory compliance of all Continental and Governmental Agencies policies and procedures (i.e.; FAA, OSHA, Port Authority etc.)
- Promote and maintain safe operational performance, financial controls, i.e., Overtime, GSE Abuse and Safety
- Operational planning and safe implementation of all ground handling activities
- Management and frontline employee interaction and business/employee relationship development
- Interface and work with department heads, Business Partners, Government Agencies, Airport Authority & Vendor Leadership
The salary for this position is $72,970 to $107,030 dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, education, and skills. This range is based on a full-time schedule. Bonus Eligible: yes At United, we offer a competitive compensation package, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability, parental leave, employee assistance program, commuter, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, and flight privileges. Salary and benefits information is being included in this job posting in accordance with Colorado state law. Qualifications
- Strategically planning/long-term development of department operations
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
- Change Management experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Direction and development of Hub Manager team, as well as ability to engage frontline Team Leader and Ramp Service Employee population
- Ability to lead and sustain continuous improvement environment and initiatives
- Leadership Development Skills
- Affect leadership quality and retention in the Hub Manager and Team Leader ranks
- Successful candidate must be able to clear a criminal history check to obtain and retain credentials necessary for position
- Specific clearances include but are not limited to FAA/TSA/Airport Authority/US Customs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and 3-5 years management experience, with Airport Hub experience preferred
- 3-5 years Ramp Operations experience
- Extensive experience in managing station ramp, cargo & mail, deicing and receipt and dispatch operations
- Excellent employee and union relations as well as experience administering union contracts
- Experience in relationship building and negotiation with contract vendors, government agencies, such as Airport Authority, Headquarters support organizations, and other airlines leadership
- Excellent communication skills, written and presentation
- Demonstrated leadership ability in large departmental environment
- Strong Union Relations background
- Negotiation and collaboration skills regarding implementation of a CBA
- Business Administration/Organizational Acumen
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [email protected] to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT