At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our lifesaving mission. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
*This is a remote position for candidates currently residing in the greater Denver market.*
Leads a team of staff responsible for a revenue portfolio driven by priority relationships, account management, events, and fundraising activities with accountability for million-dollar plus income targets, as well as mission and advocacy integration. Ensures team goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of diverse partners, constituents, and volunteers.
- Manages, coaches, develops, and trains a team of development staff, each responsible for substantial account and revenue portfolios
- Accountable for the team's achievement of significant revenue targets for a portfolio of priority relationships, account management, fundraising activities and events
- Ensures team engages, recruits, stewards, trains and manages relationships with volunteers and customers to successfully execute fundraising plans and achieve revenue goals.
- Serves on the Market Leadership Team and contributes to building the strategy.
- Manages team to successful volunteer and customer retention, recognition, and pipeline development, with a focus on high impact relationships and key volunteer leadership roles
- Leads the development of relationships and engagement of target partners, organizations, corporations, and individuals
- Ensures the implementation of best practices for revenue growth, adjusting to customer experience survey results and feedback; drives and encourages creativity and innovation resulting in new revenue opportunities
- Monitors financial expenditures and progress to budget and takes appropriate measures to meet top and bottom-line goals ensuring a high return on investment
- Ensures team engages the community to create relevant, best in class experiences for priority constituents including participants, teams, sponsors, cancer survivors and caregivers; ensures event and activity details are expertly executed
- Actively collaborates with all development team members, Marketing, Cancer Control, and ACS CAN staff to maximize success; leverages opportunities to expand engagement of constituents through the collaborative account planning
- Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, data management, and financial controls.
- Modelsand fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society
Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five year related experience preferred, working within a multi-million dollar organization a plus. Past staff management experience preferred. OTHER SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate community-based volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven relationship building, persuasion and influence skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues.
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
- Outcome driven; strong project management ability.
- Able to work through others to accomplish goals.
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS Must have access to car or be able to transport materials to and from meetings and special events/programs. Must be able to staff evening and weekend meetings, events and programs. Must be able to lift 30 lbs and perform set up/take down of event equipment. The starting rate is $77,000 to $100,000 per year. The final candidate's relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. Position Requirements: