Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC) is a family-owned business with roots extending before Prohibition that has evolved into one of the nation’s largest wine and spirits wholesalers. Our success is grounded in our core values of Family, Service, Accountability, Honesty, and Professionalism. We offer a vibrant, inclusive culture and workplace experience for individuals who want a career that makes them feel accomplished and engaged. RNDC values the health and well-being of our associates, inside and outside the office, offering dynamic health and wellness benefits that supply exceptional care and value. RNDC is geared toward growing our footprint and our people. Join our team of energetic professionals who believe in many happy hours and are experts in our craft. Summary
The Customer Care Associate I will be responsible for building relationships with new and existing customers that fall into one of two categories: 1) customers designated as “VIP” by RNDC Sales, Operations, etc. to help support the sales organization 2) chain customer with regional and/or national accounts. In striving to deliver an exceptional level of “white glove” service for this customer segment, the individual will be proactively engaged in supporting relevant marketing programs, preparing account-related collateral, and helping in identifying and solving ongoing problems/issues. In this role, you will
What you bring to RNDC
- Support sales account and/or chain representatives/management in helping to define, grow, and maintain relationships with VIP account buyers to proactively define their future needs.
- Leverage ongoing contact with VIP customers to support relevant programs/initiatives from Sales and Marketing, assisting in the additional generation of volume/revenue where possible.
- Assist sales representatives and chain managers with identifying, preparing, and/or documenting VIP-account-related collateral (e.g., account status, reporting trends, sales presentations).
- Identify and prioritize issues/problems and assist in the planning and coordination of timely solutions.
- Participate in customer meetings as appropriate to ensure awareness, understanding, and involvement in operational issues and potential revenue opportunities.
- Build, maintain, and demonstrate in-depth working knowledge of all technology and/or reports required (e.g., 9ci, e-RNDC) to support customer requests.
- Monitor and resolve problems, questions, and/or inquiries from external and internal customers (e.g., Drivers and Sales team members) regarding applicable customer account details (e.g., one-off changes to orders, requests for delivery information, inquiries for relevant documents).
- Appropriately redirect non-applicable incomingcustomer care e-mails/calls/e-inquiries to other parts of Enterprise Business Services (e.g., AP, AR) or RNDC (e.g., Sales) as necessary. Work collaboratively with other internal team members and customers as needed to obtain required information from and share results with appropriate stakeholders.
What's in it for you
- High school degree or higher; one to three years of job-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates degree or higher and three plus years of job-related experience preferred. Prior major account customer support experience strongly preferred.
- We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
- 401(k) with company matching
- Medical, dental and vision benefits*
- Generous paid time off program – work your way up to 5 weeks of PTO a year with the ability to carryover unused PTO
- Paid volunteer time
- Paid parental leave
- Paid caregiver leave
- Fertility benefits
- Paid training
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, and company-paid holidays
- Associate resource groups, and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs available for all associates
- Participation in these programs are subject to applicable wait periods and all plan and program terms and eligibility
We follow CDC Guidelines and have a fun and safe environment for our teams. Bonus if you bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in the Wine and Spirits industry
- WSET certifications
Republic National Distributing Company and National Distributing Company are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
RNDC is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process, to the point of undue hardship.