Ft. Eustis, VA Join our Talent Network
Mid-Level Graphics Designer
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
this opportunity with Chenega Analytical Business Solutions (CABS) at the Enterprise Multimedia Center (EMC), you will help offer a full range of services and solutions to support and promote the readiness of the American Soldier. The EMC is the one-stop shop for visual information services throughout the Federal Government and the Department of Defense. EMC offers a full range of media services to enlist, educate, and empower the warfighter.
TheMid-Level Graphics Designer will provide graphic services, including but not limited to the creation of original graphics using conventional or computer-generated art, proofing files to clients, and working closely with print and fabrication staff to provide visually appealing and engaging products.
Work you'll do:
As a Mid-Level Graphics Designer within our Enterprise Multimedia Center (EMC) team, you will:
• Provide digital art for all phases of graphic production, including but not limited to the following:
• Creation of ORIGINAL complex multi-layered vector and raster art.
• Use of advanced knowledge of applications to create complicated collage art and graphics which include an array of special effects and blending techniques.
• Improve the quality of provided imagery utilizing experience with color correction and image enhancement techniques.
• Consult and coordinate with EMC departments as required.
• Consult with clients to clarify graphic products/services available to meet the customers' visual needs.
• Provide cost estimates, document materials, and hours worked for each project.
• Provide clients with visual proofs, detailed project specs, and production timelines.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction.
• Support senior team members in the design of new products, existing products, logos, training aids, wall art, and dimensional displays.
• Upload design and completed files to personal work files and EMC archival database.
• Accept and implement Graphic Lead and Art Director's project direction.
• Determine appropriate means to produce the desired visual effect and production methods.
• Maintain a daily task list for assigned projects showing time allotments, schedules, and delegations.
• Complete annual company and customer training requirements according to established policies and procedures.
• Record labor hours daily in an online corporate system.
• Travel up to 10% as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree in Fine, Computer, Commercial, Visual, Graphic Arts, or in related fields of study and 8+ years of experience
• Background check required. and must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance within 6 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To avoid fraudulent job postings, you need to keep in mind some important tips when applying for jobs online. Always take the time to research the company to avoid fraudulent job postings and to ensure that it's a trustworthy organization. Be wary of employers that request personal information through unprofessional or unconventional methods. If a job posting has a lot of spelling and grammatical errors, that's a major red flag. Always make sure you're on the correct and authorized liquidscapes.info website. Avoid job postings that require you to share your personal bank account details. Validate the job posting's authenticity and the company's hiring process by contacting them directly. Never agree to wire money or send gift cards to a potential employer. Exercise caution when sharing personal information with potential employers, especially if it seems too good to be true. Be wary of job postings that ask you to send money or make an initial investment, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job posting.
• Ability to provide vector and raster layered art and samples of Adobe Creative Suite as finished portfolio pieces for review.
• Ability to pass customer security requirements.
• Must have experience creating and meeting the challenges of large-format art for graphics and displays.
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Must be knowledgeable in VI Systems and processes, and possess the knowledge of invention, imagination, and originality.
• Experience translating business needs/challenges into marketing solutions.
• Ability to ignite and build strong interpersonal relationships with individuals at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to recommend cost-saving solutions to projects.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff, government personnel, and management.
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
How you'll grow
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News-https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site -www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network
If you have evaluated the potential for work-life integration within this job opportunity, now is the time to make a decision. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who have thoroughly assessed their qualifications and experience for this job. Don't let the pressure to submit your application quickly cause you to overlook important details – accuracy is the priority. It is important to us that all applicants carefully consider if this job is the right fit for them before applying.