Bank of the West is currently recruiting for full time roles. The salary you will be entitled to if you are offered this job is $127,000 - 164,000 / year. December 11, 2023 is when the US Commercial - Director, Relationship Manager - Wine & Spirits Group position was made available, and it will expire on March 2, 2024. While the job opening is located in Enterprise, candidates from other regions may still apply as long as they fulfill the requirements outlined below. To be considered for this job, you must have gained work experience in the same field for at least 84 months.
Application Deadline: 01/09/2024
Address: 700 Main St.
Job Family Group: Commercial Sales & Service
Industry expertise in wine and related industries.
Facilitates growth initiatives for the Bank through significant business development and excellent management of key client relationships. Maintains an outstanding and continuous record of significant revenue generation from sales and syndications. Ensures the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies.
- Leads and executes business development plans to that business goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Advises on sales strategy based on a deep understanding of the market, relevant industry verticals, market competitors, client needs and business growth opportunities.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Manages the risk of the assigned complex portfolio in a timely and precise manner.
- Directly manage the annual review process, interim reviews, specified quarterly reports and resolution of exceptions.
- Maintains accurate documentation and ensure adherence to prescribed policies and procedures and overall safety of the Bank’s position.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Acts as daily sales contact for clients on sales related questions such as product information, pricing, implementation timeframes and requirements.
- Gathers data to advance sale process and completes all required documentation.
- Assists team in pre-sales activities such as pitch preparation, client research, preparation of prospect and client files for further action.
- Tracks implementation requests to keep the process on track with timelines.
- Tracks Internal reports and recommends improvements to sales support materials based on findings and feedback.
- Compiles pre-call and post call information packages by accessing internal systems and bank personnel to validate client holdings, pricing, and volumes.
- Provides research and data gathering to sales team to facilitate solution to the client’s/prospect’s business and needs.
- Assists with sales and service administration and processing ensuring client experience is seamless and opportunities are identified and met.
- Maintains current client information on Bank system/files to ensure client history is accurate and complete.
- Ensures accurate billing to clients.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Qualifications: * Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- If a Credit Qualifiable job, Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the established qualification standards.
- Demonstrated history of successful business development, including ability to network in external markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry verticals and market’s competitive environment
- Experience in contact negotiations with both clients and legal counsel
- Experience drafting responses to complex RFPs
- Experience with Sales Strategy and Sales referral process development
- Risk Management - In-depth
- Sales and Service Management –In-depth
- Relationship Management - In-depth
- Change Leadership - Working
- Conflict Management & Resolution –In-depth
- Resource Planning – Working
- Business Acumen – In-depth
- Financial and Working Capital Understanding – In-depth
- Strategic Thinking – Working
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
$120,000.00 - $171,300.00
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group’s hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for part-time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked.
To have a successful job search online, it's important to remember some critical factors to ensure that you find legitimate job postings and avoid scams. Beware of job listings that require you to pay for access to a database of job leads. Be wary of job postings that require you to pay a fee or provide financial information before you can apply. Make sure that the job posting is genuine and the company is hiring by contacting them directly for confirmation. Be cautious of job postings that require you to sign up for credit monitoring services or identity theft protection before being considered for a job, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job posting. Always verify the legitimacy of a job posting and the company behind it before submitting your application. To avoid any potential harm, make sure you are on the real liquidscapes.info website before proceeding. Researching the company's organizational history and evolution can help you understand its growth trajectory and future prospects before applying for any job. Job interviews via text or email should be approached with caution.
Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group’s total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: .
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Before you decide whether to apply, make sure you've read and understood the entire job posting. We want all applicants to be fully committed and interested in this job opportunity before applying. If you are excited about this job opportunity and feel that you are a strong candidate, we encourage you to submit your application. Don't let the pressure to submit your application quickly compromise the quality of your work – take the time to do it right.