Ft. Eustis, VA Join our Talent Network
VIOS System Assistant
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
this opportunity with Chenega Analytical Business Solutions (CABS) at the Enterprise Multimedia Center (EMC), you will help offer a full range of services and solutions to support and promote the readiness of the American Soldier. The EMC is the one-stop shop for visual information services throughout the Federal Government and the Department of Defense. EMC offers a full range of media services to enlist, educate, and empower the warfighter.
TheVIOS System Assistant shall assist in maintaining and administering the EMC networked systems.
Work you'll do:
As a VIOS System Assistant w ithin our Enterprise Multimedia Center (EMC) team, you will:
• Troubleshoot hardware, software, and networking issues.
• Ensure all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
• Perform server administration tasks.
• Install, configure, database design, perform migration and monitoring, and troubleshoot Microsoft servers.
• Provide training to staff on the use of computer systems, related peripheral devices, and software applications as needed for the completion of their assigned duties.
• Provide day-to-day system security posture support by ensuring that operational security is maintained for an information system.
• Assist the VIOS System Manager with enhancements to VIOS and identify database requirements by interviewing customers, analyzing applications, programming, evaluating existing systems, designing proposed systems managing specialized software to store and retrieve data.
• Assist with database functions by designing and coding utilities.
• Conduct certification requirements, including classes, credentialing, and continual certification as required.
• Assist in other areas of the VI/Multimedia Center as needed.
• Complete annual company and customer training requirements according to established policies and procedures.
• Record labor hours daily in an online corporate system.
• Travel up to 10%.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree required.
• 3+ years of experience with Microsoft servers (preferably MS2012R2 and MS2019).
• Must have a certification in Microsoft SQL and all other DoD-directed requirements, including the 8570 credentials for a system administrator to interface with personnel in the network center, by the start date.
• An Interim Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Possess advanced computer knowledge.
o Skills and understanding of MS SQL.
Don't take any chances when applying for jobs online; keep in mind these crucial elements to avoid scams and fraudulent job postings. Be careful with personal information, especially when applying for jobs on social media. Reach out to the company to confirm that the job posting is legitimate and they are seeking applicants. Trust your intuition and stay away from job postings that make you feel uneasy or uncertain. It's important to research the company before accepting any job offer to ensure its legitimacy and credibility. Legitimate employers will not ask you to pay for a job opportunity that promises high earnings with no experience required. Be cautious of job postings that require you to share your personal bank account details to complete a job application. Look for job postings that have a professional and well-designed layout.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent ability to solve problems with knowledge and understanding of information systems and various computing solutions.
• Ability to use specialized software to store and organize data.
• Ability to install and configure and do performance monitoring and security measures on Microsoft servers.
• Knowledge of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to resolve problems and deviations according to established practices.
• Must have a proactive approach to support.
• Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively explain VIOS issues and the status of work requests in a manner customers understand.
• Must have the ability to multitask and meet established deadlines.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, or holidays as required.
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
How you'll grow
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News-https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site -www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network
Carefully reviewing the job posting is the first step in determining if this job is right for you. If you are confident that you meet the qualifications and expectations of this job, we invite you to apply. Don't let the pressure to submit your application quickly lead to sloppy work – take the time to ensure that your application is well-crafted and thorough. Please make sure to carefully evaluate if this job is the right fit for you before submitting an application. Additionally, there are other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that offer a different career path but match your interests.