Making Opportunity Count is a non-profit human services agency dedicated to creating positive change and enhancing the lives of individuals and families in Fitchburg, MA. We are committed to fostering community growth, providing essential services, and promoting holistic well-being. Our dynamic team is driven by a shared passion for making a lasting impact. Position Overview:
The Manager of Purchasing & Facility Systems will oversee all aspects of purchasing and procurement, plus the systems and websites that control or assist with Purchasing, Facility and Fleet functions Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- The Manager of Purchasing & Facility Systems oversee all facets of Enterprise-wide purchasing and procurement efforts.
- Manage varied purchasing and building & fleet relevant systems and website presences.
- Purchasing activities to include:
- The Manager of Purchasing & Facility Systems manages profiles and permissions for other users that are approved for local purchasing, including being on a team that sets these policies, and being the primary enforcement of policy.
- The Manager of Purchasing & Facility Systems performs purchasing activities such as placing orders, determining specifications with end users, tracking and verifying orders, and processing payments as confirmed vs agreements.
- Performing and/or assisting with RFP processes
- Problem solving for Incidents/ Exceptions
- The Manager of Purchasing & Facility Systems trend and billing analysis in support of Accounting and Facility needs such as detecting maintenance issues or isolating Green Initiative areas
- Systems Maintenance to include: Working with functional areas in keeping systems up to date for building maintenance, fleet maintenance and gas card use.
- The Manager of Purchasing & Facility Systems work with Facilities and site personnel to keep systems up to date, and make needed changes for phone systems, access systems, security systems, ordering and tracking of keys and access codes.
- Working with Facilities Manager and VP of Facilities in broad documentation projects of purchasing & facility policies, maintenance & project records, asset locations, site specifications and prints
- Maintain communications with staff, vendors, management and others through the use of email, daily update of ticketing system, in person communications and other communication, as required.
- The Manager of Purchasing & Facility Systems collaborate with workers and other professionals in tracking, coordinating and scheduling repairs, installs and other projects as necessary.
- Assist VP of Facilities in local initiatives such as implementation and update of site-specific emergency plans, review and maintenance of varied local fleet needs, status updates and varied needs of local construction and realty projects, etc.
- Other duties as assigned within scope of position
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in Purchasing and/or Facilities
- Strong technical skill in Internet use, including varied and varying website use
- Able to self-teach/ independently learn new technology, such as new or changing web page administration, new software platforms, etc
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable & consistent
- Must have acceptable Background Record Check
- Valid MA driver’s license and reliable transportation, with ability to travel within the facilities throughout the day as needed
- Must have acceptable MA Driver’s record
- Display strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable, organized and self-motivated
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Join our team at Making Opportunity Count and experience a range of fantastic benefits that enhance your work-life balance and overall satisfaction:
- Health, Dental, FSA, and Vision Insurance: Take care of your well-being with comprehensive coverage.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Enjoy generous time off to relax and recharge.
- Hybrid Work Opportunities: Benefit from a flexible work environment that suits your lifestyle.
- Student Loan Forgiveness: We're here to help you ease your student loan burden.
- Tuition Remission: Invest in your education with our tuition remission program.
- Employer-Sponsored Retirement: Secure your future with our retirement plan contributions.
- Pet Insurance: Ensure your furry friends receive the best care.
- Employee Discounts: Access exclusive discounts and perks.
Join us at MOC and experience a workplace that values your well-being and personal growth!