January 6, 2024 was the day when the Customer Service Rep - Remote (MUST LIVE NEAR JACKSONVILLE, FL) position was made available, and it will be inaccessible after April 5, 2024. A minimum of 6 months of work experience in the same field is required for this job. If you're looking for a job that offers more autonomy and control over your work, full time work might be a good choice. You can negotiate your salary with the employer as they do not disclose it in the job listing. It is a prerequisite for this job that you have obtained High School as a minimum qualification. Despite the job being based in Jacksonville, it is a remote job that provides the convenience to work from any location.
Job Description Summary: Come join our team and be a part of an exciting and dynamic team that supports the Department of Education. The Debt Management and Collections System (DMCS) is the set of information technology systems and business processes that the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Federal Student Aid (FSA) uses to service defaulted Title IV federal student aid debt owed to the Department.
Pay: $17.20/hr (Duval County, Florida)
Start Date: Monday, 2/26/24
Work Schedule: You will be required to work on-site your first week of employment to complete security clearance paperwork and new hire documentation. After the first week, you can work remotely, from your home.
Training Hours: 10am-6:30pm ET
Work Schedule: You will select your work schedule at time of job offer.
- Taking payment calls and notating the account regarding the payment
- Process Credit Bureau Requests utilizing writing standard process and procedures
- Address calls regarding default resolutions, repayments and Treasury Offset Program (TOP)
- Support contact center expectations as well as departmental and corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate documentation of phone inquiries or correspondence tasks
- Utilize the feedback tool to give and receive constructive feedback on call quality and department tasks
- Utilize available systems, knowledgebase and standard technology such as telephone, email, and web browser to respond to inquiries and perform job duties.
- Refer escalated calls to appropriate levels as needed
Education and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum six (6) months customer service or administrative or call center experience required
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Must be able to type a minimum of 23 WPM required
- Ability to utilize standard technology such as telephone, e-mail, and web browser
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team required
- PC skills, including MS Office applications required
- Must have high-speed internet (minimum of 20 mbps) to work from home / remotely.
- Must connect an Ethernet cable directly to the router (cannot connect via Wi-Fi)
- Applicant will be required by contract to undergo program update training as student financial assistance programs change, as well as required employee training
- May be required to work scheduled holidays, overtime, and Saturdays
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Must reside in theU.S.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must not be delinquent or in default on any federal student loans
- Employment and continued employment are contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable clearance. Final suitability determination is the sole discretion of the Department of Education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems via the telephone, recording consistent problem areas. May respond to e-mail inquiries. -
To avoid being scammed when applying for jobs online, you need to keep in mind some important factors before submitting any job application. Keep in mind that legitimate employers will not ask for personal information that is not necessary for the job application process. Be wary of job postings that ask you to use your personal bank account for any transactions, as they are often scams. If an employer requires you to pay for a job application, it is likely a scam. Double-check that you are browsing the legitimate liquidscapes.info website before proceeding. Avoid job postings that make unrealistic promises or guarantees about your future earnings or success. Don't be fooled by job postings that ask for payment or fees upfront, as this could be a sign of a fraudulent job posting. It is recommended to contact the company to confirm the job's authenticity and that they are currently hiring before submitting an application. A reputable employer will want to have a face-to-face conversation with you before hiring you. To avoid working for a company that doesn't have a clear vision or purpose, research the organization before applying for any job.
Customer service is the primary function.
- Calls are basic and routine.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 6 months of customer service experience.
MAXIMUS Introduction: Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status. Pay Transparency: For positions on this contract, Maximus will pay the prevailing wage rate for the location in which the employee is working, as determined by the Department of Labor. That wage rate will vary depending on locality. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Posted Max: USD $17.20/Hr. Posted Min: USD $17.20/Hr.
You won't be able to make an informed decision without first reading the job posting in its entirety. We encourage individuals who have thoroughly evaluated this job posting and feel that they are a strong fit to submit their application. Take your time to craft a well-written cover letter that highlights your relevant experience and qualifications. We want all applicants to be fully committed and interested in this job opportunity before applying.