Pay Range: $96,800.00-$154,900.00 Company Overview: The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world’s most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
Vaccination for COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) vaccine requirements are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical, religious, or fully remote exemption. Requests for exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved exemption is required to start work. Job Description: Exciting opportunity to join MSK's Marketing and Communication department! Reporting to the Director, Social Media Strategy, we're hiring an Assistant Manager, Social Media to handle content creation and community management, as well as assisting with various tasks to support MSK's Social Media strategy. You will: Social Media Management
- Be responsible for tactical work on the MSK brand handles
- Oversee community management for all channels in partnership with social agency
- Handle any components that need direct MSK insight, such as researching difficult user questions and routing queries to appropriate internal teams
- Vet opportunities for user-generated content and own end-to-end process for content creation
- Create individual social posts for 35% of the content calendar as assigned
- Draft copy and obtain necessary internal approvals
- Give direction and edits to social agency for assets
- Collaborate with MSK Studios team to write scripts, coordinate scheduling with doctors/experts, and assist with on-site filming for social-first video content
- Assist with content calendar curation and planning
- Advise as needed on social media requests from internal stakeholders and help support any new team members becoming acclimated
- Assist in social media trainings as needed for MSK faculty and staff
- Help to manage social agency to ensure they are completing all work needed for both MSK and community handles
Please note this is a hybrid role that requires flexibility to attend events in addition to working onsite 1-2 times per week at 633 Third Ave or across our other NYC sites.
- 3-4 years social media and community management experience with 1-2 years of healthcare or medical experience preferred
- Proficiency in using various social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, etc.) and creating content
- Confidence to represent our brand, and take initiative to engage with the MSK community (patients, caregivers, staff, stakeholders, faculty, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and dedication to MSK's vision, mission and values
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range: $96,800.00-$154,900.00 Please click to learn more about MSK’s compensation philosophy.
#LI-Hybrid Closing: MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.