ERP International is seeking a full-time Referral Clerk to support the Referral Management Center at the Mike O'Callaghan Military Medical Center, Nellis AFB, NV. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time and Paid Federal Holidays! * Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 8 hours between 7am and 5pm (Hours may vary) - 1 hour lunch
No holidays or weekends
Job Specific Duties: The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
* Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, referral center or office setting. * Answers main office phone line(s). Directs telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance, handles independently or takes messages as required.
* Reviews referrals for administrative completeness and researches covered benefits prior to processing. * Determines patient eligibility for services and arranges and schedules medical appointments for referred care. * Provides general instructions to patients and ensures patients have necessary documentation for referred health care services. * Obtains updates and files medical records as needed. * Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed information, and review records for referral results for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines. * Request medical records and ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s). * Initiates and locates patient medical records as needed. * Obtains documentation as requested by healthcare providers (test results, or documentation not yet filed in records). * Ensures referral results are returned to the referring provide and to the medical record within required timelines. Assists with follow up, written or verbal, as necessary. * Utilizes the referral tracking data collection tool. Calculates metrics, and compiles monthly reports, as directed by the MTF. * Orients and trains MTF personnel about the referral process and timelines. * Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services. Determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, relay general instructions to patients, or make referrals to other sections. * Answers main office phone line. Directs telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required. * Ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s). * Performs other administrative and clerical duties in support of the medical care and operational support. * Creates appointment schedules and templates in patient appointment computer system. * Conducts end-of-day process at close of business and resolves any delinquent or pending appointments in computer system.
* Requirements include walking, standing, sitting or bending. Must be able to carry 25-50 pounds and reach high shelving units with the assistance of stepladders to retrieve and file medical records.
Mandatory Knowledge and Skills:
A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Completion of an Administrative Assistant program is desired.
* Experience: At least one year in medical office setting, in an office setting, or at least one year in referral management.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess a current AHA or ARC BLS certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance