Founded in 1919, KJ has always looked to the future. With a talented team of professionals and a culture of continuous improvement, we deliver exceptional engineering and environmental consulting services today, with a focus on innovation and sustainability. Using new advanced analytics, technology, and tools, KJ improves designs, reduces risk, and finds better ways to deliver projects. KJ is at the forefront of developing sustainable solutions for clients, including green infrastructure design, strategies to reduce energy use and environmental impacts, and award-winning water reuse projects. We are known for our dedication to industry-leading client service and tailored solutions.
Kennedy Jenks is seeking a dynamic Client Service Director with strong client relationships, established resume and reputation, team building and leadership capabilities, and business leadership skills to grow our thriving Public and Private sector water and wastewater practice throughout the US. This senior role is an essential part of our growth as we continue to provide quality solutions to our trusted clients. You will be part of a dynamic and successful engineering practice that is involved in exciting and meaningful project work throughout our national footprint.
- Engage the marketplace to identify new clients and projects and collaborate with and enhance our established team to pursue and win those opportunities.
- Leverage existing municipal and industry relationships and KJ’s local and national project resumes to expand service offerings.
- Utilize relationships, personal resume, and strategic planning skills to pursue and win work.
- Build, lead, and motivate teams to provide unsurpassed client service on projects that we deliver.
- Be responsible for managing key and strategic projects from the planning phase through construction.
- Lead client service and professional engagement to develop and enhance personal and corporate brand awareness and identify new opportunities and partnerships to further expand growth.
- Key contributor to statewide strategic planning – utilizing marketing knowledge and established client and teaming relationships.
- Collaboration with internal leaders for strategic hiring and staff development.
- Lead strategic project positioning across your territory including development of key teaming partners,oversight of proposal development, and interview preparation.
- Project development oversight, including scope, schedule, fee preparation, negotiation, project staffing, and coordination of activities related to planning, design, and construction.
- Travel to client and project sites for client visits/meetings and travel to other Kennedy Jenks offices will be necessary.
- Contribute to project delivery goals through managing projects, being a project engineer, or project team member.
- Thorough understanding of your local market; established industry relationships, and strong technical knowledge of the water, wastewater, pipeline, stormwater, environmental, and industrial consulting business.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, proven experience with business development, relationship building, negotiation, and client service management delivered with the highest degree of integrity.
- Enthusiasm for team building, staff development, and collaborative inclusive leadership.
- Strong writing, editing, research, and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of relevant experience.
- BS or MS in Civil, Chemical, Environmental, or similar engineering field. PE license or ability to immediately obtain license. Design-Build experience and DBIA certification is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel to clients and KJ offices as needed.
Salary range for this position is anticipated to be $120,000 to $235,000, and may vary based upon education, experience, qualifications, licensure/certifications and geographic location. Benefits summary:
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, bonus opportunities, tuition reimbursement, professional registration support, a competitive PTO and holiday plan, and other benefits and programs.
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience with a flexible hybrid work environment. Kennedy Jenks provides competitive compensation that will vary based upon education, experience, qualifications, skills, licensure/certifications, seniority, and geographic location. We offer a full benefits package.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.