Overview: As a navigator, you will be responsible for supporting and partnering with drivers at the Chick-fil-A Supply Distribution Center in Mebane, NC to provide excellent delivery service to restaurants. You will help with unloading the truck, delivering and organizing food, navigation to each destination, completing delivery logs and sharing opportunities for process improvement. As a navigator, you will be a crucial part of a team innovating ways to better serve Chick-fil-A® restaurants and Operators. You will report to the transportation supervisor and collaborate with the transportation team to provide the driver with up-to-date route, schedule and delivery instructions. As the navigator, you will have the opportunity to help drive continued innovation at an operation like no other in the food service industry.
Learn more about us!
Chick-fil-A Supply is a distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A® restaurants. We are in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation and we’re looking for the best Team Members in our industry! Click here to learn more about Chick-fil-A Supply!
- 4 -5 Day Workweek (40-45 hours/week)
- The schedule will be assigned according to business needs, and flexibility is needed during weekends, holidays, and rotating shift.
By coming to be part of our CFA Supply Family you will get:
- Food and Drinks Provided: Free lunch, snacks and drinks as part of your workday!
- Generous Paid Time Off:
- PTO: Accrue up to 3 weeks of PTO your first year with immediate access to 40 hours upon hire
- Wellness: 16 Hours per year
- Holiday Pay: 8 Days per year
- Health Insurance Options: A variety of health insurance options, including a no premium health insurance for individuals, and a low-cost premium health insurance for family plans
- Retirement: 401K with 5% match for eligible employees
- Additional Benefits: To help you thrive in all areas of life, including emotional, social, physical, financial, and spiritually!
Responsibilities: In this role, you will directly support the driver by:
- Completing the pre-trip checklist and preparing equipment for safe, efficient use
- Conducting trip planning to confirm the optimal route and road conditions
- Ensuring the driver is aware of the route plan and any exceptions to the normal delivery sequence
- Helping the driver safely navigate and position the truck for deliveries
- Assisting with unloading product at Restaurants in an accurate, organized manner
- Ensuring all food safety protocols are followed during delivery, with special attention given to temperature integrity and preventing damage and contamination.
- Communicate any potential service interruptions (i.e. scheduling discrepancies or security risks) to the DC.
- Ensuring mistakes are handled gracefully and professionally by executing “Remarkable Recovery”
- Ensuring all product and equipment loaded on trailer is secured for transit between stops
- Organizingand maintaining control of all shipping documents throughout each delivery route
- Assisting the driver with collection of all equipment (such as carts and pallets) or product returns from Restaurants.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
As a navigator, you are:
- A self-starter with excellent project management and organization skills
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills; a team player who can work independently when necessary
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using basic smartphone and tablet systems and applications
- A detail-oriented, organized yet creative problem solver and communicator (both written and verbal)
- Able to anticipate needs, lead multiple projects, and manage shifting priorities
- Able to travel for 5 percent of the job
Behaviors Most Critical to this Job
As a navigator, you are also:
- A skilled communicator across all levels of an organization, with both teammates and suppliers.
- A quick & versatile learner who is open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; and quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- A customer-focused relationship builder who can earn the trust and respect of internal and external customers and leverage their information to find ways to improve products and services.
- Committed without compromise to food safety for customers and a safe workplace for colleagues.
- Inspired to uphold Chick-fil-A values and act with integrity.
- A driver of results who can be counted on to not only meet but exceed goals and push others to do the same.
- A problem solver who can identify hidden problems, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
- A servant leader who puts others before themselves, corrects mistakes with authenticity and respects all viewpoints.
Minimum Qualifications: To be successful in this role, you must:
- High school Diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED)
- Frequently lift up to 65 pounds; occasionally move with mechanical assistance up to 1,500 pounds
- Work in all weather conditions
- Prepare for a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts
- Be prepared to typically work shifts at night (e.g., from 10 p.m.-8 a.m.
- Work in a multi-temperature environment including freezer
- Communicate effectively across stakeholders including Restaurant Operators and Distribution Center staff
- Adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner
- Manage pressure and conflicting demands; effectively prioritize tasks and workload
As a navigator, you intimately know the needs of customers and are able to treat all parties with dignity and respect in difficult situations and maintain a positive, service-focused mindset. Preferred Qualifications: Prior food service delivery experience, experience working night shift Required Level of Education: High School