Would full time work be a good way to transition into a new career field? Negotiating salary with the employer is possible because they do not expose it. This job also necessitates that you have 120 months of experience in the same field. January 7, 2024 is when the Environment, Health, and Safety Lead job opening was made available, and it will close on April 6, 2024. While the position is based in Lead, the company may be open to considering remote workers who have the right skills. It is a prerequisite for this job opening that you have obtained Bachelor Degree.
Posted: Nov 6, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200517864
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication in a complex, global, interdependent environment and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Key Qualifications
- 10+ years broad-based experience in the development, implementation, and operation of Environment, Health, and Safety Programs
- Proven experience influencing EHS excellence in fast-paced, technologically sophisticated, and intensive R&D environments
- Strong knowledge of federal OSHA safety regulations, and federal and local environmental regulations
- Demonstrated experience conducting root cause investigations for incidents, with a proven track record of driving completion of corrective actions
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to efficiently address EHS programs at scale across a campus setting (different project teams, building types, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, focus on details, and the ability to balance multiple high-priority projects at once
- Skilled at facilitating stakeholder meetings and building trust and respect with project teams
- Effective communicator and proven track record to deliver clear, concise, and consistent messaging in written and verbal formats to varying audiences
- Ability to develop outstanding and out-of-the-box solutions to efficiently address EHS problems at scale Willingness to respond to emergencies 24/7, as needed
This position is responsible for providing physical safety support and EHS support for buildings assigned within our portfolio. The role requires a self-starter who can work independently, anticipate the needs of the team, and take initiative to seek out problems. The candidate should be inventive and skilled at multi-tasking. We are looking for a high-reaching and highly organized individual who enjoys solving problems in creative ways and shines in a fast-paced environment. AS PART OF THE TEAM, YOU WILL: -Provide subject matter expertise in areas that include; lab safety, chemical management, hazardous waste, non-ionizing radiation, machine shop safety, risk assessments, and electrical safety - Ensure our fast-paced, technologically sophisticated and intensive R&D environments remain safe and compliant to federal and local regulations - Develop and implement strategies to systematically control and reduce EHS hazards and compliance risks - Perform chemical reviews and approvals, coordinate chemical inventories, emergency evacuation drills, and regulatory agency inspections - Complete process and equipment installation reviews and permitting - Participate in design reviews for new buildings and/or tenant improvements - Partner with cross functional team members and internal customers to achieve consensus and successfully execute EHS policies, procedures, and standards - Support EHS initiatives, including development and implementation of global standards, metric reporting, audits - Support EHS colleague throughout the AMR region
When looking for jobs online, it's important to remember some crucial factors to avoid wasting your time and effort on scams. Don't be afraid to ask questions or request more information about a job posting before applying. Exercise caution if a job posting asks you to use your personal bank account for any reason. Be cautious of any job posting that asks for payment for training or other expenses upfront. Think twice before disclosing sensitive information to potential employers. To avoid working for a company with a high turnover rate, research its employee retention and satisfaction rates before applying for any job. Be cautious of job postings that use vague or incomplete job descriptions or qualifications, as these may be signs of a fraudulent job posting. Contact the company to validate the job posting and ensure that it's a legitimate opportunity. Employers who are serious about hiring typically conduct interviews over the phone or in person.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred) in Occupational Health and Safety or another relevant EHS subject area Additional Requirements
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or other EHS professional membership or certification is strongly preferred Pay & Benefits
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $118,100 and $177,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Your decision about whether to apply or not should be based on the information in the job posting. We encourage individuals who have thoroughly evaluated this job posting and feel that they are a strong fit to submit their application. Remember that recruiters receive a high volume of applications - taking the time to submit an accurate and thoughtful application could help you stand out. Please only apply for this job if you are fully committed to fulfilling the responsibilities and expectations. Moreover, if this job vacancy isn't suitable, you might want to explore other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info.