MEDICATION TECHNICIAN/Medication Passer- join us on our mission to create a senior living revolution where compassion meets innovation!
Who We Are
We are a company built upon a common belief that senior living communities can and should be places of vibrancy and life. We honor, recognize, and empower the extraordinary team members on this journey with us knowing we are making the world of elderhood better together. Our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, unique capabilities, and talent are significant to our culture, resident experience, and achievements!
What You?ll Do
The Medication Technician/Medication Passer is a leader and a role model for the shift and is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure delivery of medications. The Medication Technician/Medication Passer is key in developing, coordinating, and performing the tasks on the Growth and Wellness plan according to the elder?s preferences and abilities. Leadership responsibilities include ensuring Care partners complete their assignments and supporting and guiding them.
As a Medication Tech/Med Passer, you can expect a range of responsibilities and tasks. Here are some general expectations:
- You will pass medication and assist with self-administration of medication as required by state law.
- You will guide and support the Med Techs on their shift.
- You will lead the Care Partners on their shift as a role model of kindness, accountability, and collaboration.
- You will participate in interviewing new Care Partners and Med Techs as needed.
- You will provide the orientation of new Care Partners and Med Techs.
- You will provide training and re-training of Care Partners and Med Techs as required by state regulations or as needed to maintain skills.
- You will coach team members to be the best they can be in collaboration with the Administrator.
- You will work in collaboration with the RCC and Administrator for scheduling.
- You will supervise the storage, distribution, and discontinuation of residents? medication.
- You will maintain continued compliance with the policies and procedures of Compass Senior Living, including those as outlinedin the Quality Counts Policy and Procedure Manual.
What You?ll Bring
- You will bring the desire and talent to work with a high-functioning, empowered team.
- You will bring compassion, kindness, and collaboration skills to work with elders and their families.
- You will bring computer literacy and proficiency in learning specified online programs.
- You will bring your organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a team environment.
- You will bring your ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and be goal-directed.
- You will bring your ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- You will be able to deal with difficult, sensitive, and confidential issues.
- You will bring good verbal communication and the ability to read, write, and speak English with residents and coworkers who only speak English.
- You will meet all health requirements as specified by state and/or federal regulations.
- You will be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You will pass a criminal background check.
What We Offer
- Benefits for all team members, regardless of employment status:
- Accrue vacation and sick time starting your first day!
- 401(k) retirement savings plan after 90 days, with employer match after one year.
- Financial wellness education program.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your emotional wellness.
- Wellness and Fitness Resources with savings discounts.
- Career growth through ongoing training programs and mentorship opportunities.
- Additional benefits for full-time team members
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Benefit options
- Education reimbursement program.
If you are guided by goodness, loyalty, faith, and fun and think you would be a good fit for our organization, we would love to talk with you! With a resume or an application, you are one step closer to this exciting opportunity!