who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
The Regional Manager is an inspiring leader who supports the stores through building brand awareness; driving strategic product sell-through; delivering on business results; and hiring, coaching, and developing strong Store Managers. Regional Managers ensure that the store principles and lululemon culture and core values are followed and that each store provides exceptional guest experience through technical product education and authentic connection. Regional Managers are accountable for all aspects of regional performance.
Leadership and People Management
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment and culture by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a positive and engaging experience for team members and guests.
- Build a strong and diverse team that includes team members with various experiences, backgrounds, and skillsets to drive store performance.
- Manage and grow dispersed Store Managers through regular check-in conversations, ongoing performance documentation, the annual evaluation process, and business goal setting.
- Support learning and development consistently and equitably by providing feedback, coaching, mentoring, and career path guidance.
- Enable Store Managers to drive store operations in line with local and global priorities by providing them with the information, tools, resources, and support they need.
- Lead and coach stores in assigned region on lululemon's Core Values and Store Principles.
- Lead talent planning/pipeline needs and recruitment strategy for stores in assigned region.
- Develop or support a strategy for stores in assigned region to close identified performance gaps.
- Hold Store Managers accountable for managing and developing their in-store teams.
Working with Others
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members, focusing on personal and professional development.
- Collaborate with Store Managers and their teams to support operations and ensure stores align with company-wide operational priorities through regular communication and store visits.
- Collaborate with regional and cross-functional partners to accomplish projects and initiatives (e.g., real estate plans, new store openings, policy or process updates).
Business Strategy and Operations
- Drive strategies for stores in assigned region, understanding and incorporating the nuances of the region, throughperiodic review and planning processes (e.g., quarterly business review; plans for things like community, recruiting, and people development; quarterly sales planning).
- Monitor key store financial metrics for region to evaluate and report on store performance against objectives.
- Ensure financial goals are met by recognizing shortfalls and growth opportunities based on key store financial metrics and creating or implementing solutions.
Accountable for Region budget People Management:
Leadership role directly responsible for a number of Store Managers (SMs)
Key Skills & Core Values You Bring
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead, influence, and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Adaptability/Agility: Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with and supports others to achieve goals; seeks partnerships and diverse perspectives
- Strategic Thinking: Sets strategies that are aligned to vision and values of the company to achieve goals/vision/further the mission; considers the 'big picture' implications of decisions
- Drive/Entrepreneurship: Takes initiative to ensure the success of the business and drives toward accomplishing big goals; is innovative and owns results
- Change Management Leadership: Leads others through all phases of change processes and uncertainty
- Business Acumen: Is able to quickly understand and address business information (e.g., profit and loss equivalent statements, budgets and sales forecasts, retail strategy and approached)
- Candid Communication: Is willing to openly/constructively share concerns (ie straight talk) and creates space for others to do the same
- Willing to work as part of a team and also complete work independently or alone
- Willing to move through a store to help team members support guests
- Willing to travel to retail locations to accomplish work, as needed and as requested
- Willing to be stationary (e.g., at a desk/computer) for more than an hour at a time
- 5 years of work experience in leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1 year work experience in multi-retail store management
- Previous lululemon store management experience
- This role is classified Remote - Field based under our SSC Workplace strategy.
- Field/Community-based work is necessary within a designated area, with relevant travel required.
In keeping with our mission, please connect with us at [email protected] if you have questions about how your unique abilities may translate to the requirements for this role, with or without a reasonable accommodation. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your question or request.