January 7, 2024 marked the start of the job opportunity for the Senior Accountant Team Lead - 100% Remote role, which will be removed on March 24, 2024. If you're interested in pursuing a job that allows you to work on projects that align with your personal values and beliefs, full time work might be a good choice. If your application is successful, your salary for this job will be $40 - 50. This job vacancy mandates that you have passed High School to apply for the position. To be eligible for this job, you need to possess 60 months of work experience in the same field. Even though this job is located in Lead, it is a remote position that can be completed from any place.
BooksTime is looking for an accountant to join us as an Accounting Team Lead. You’ll oversee bookkeeping services for multiple clients, assist in training new Senior Accountants on BooksTime’s processes, and eventually help lead the US Senior Accountant Team.
Are you looking for:
- 100% remote work
- A positive work environment
- An opportunity to make an impact on small businesses and work with an amazing team
Would you be great at:
- Building relationships with employees and clients
- Improving processes
- Training and coaching
If so, this opportunity is for you!
Who We Are:
BooksTime is an ambitious and innovative accounting & bookkeeping firm founded in 2016 with operations in 4 countries. We are expanding rapidly and seeking outstanding people to join our team who are energized by this growth.
Why Join BooksTime?
- Supportive work environment
- Friendly colleagues
- 100% remote work
- Endless opportunities
- Focus on constant improvement
- Work variety
Financial Oversight :
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices and ensure high quality accounting services and reporting are being provided to our clients.
- Maintain optimal profit margins for any assigned clients and the team.
- Perform quality control reviews of client financial statements.
- Collaborate with the Senior Accountant team members and be a high-level resource for any accounting and operational questions they may have.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Train and mentor assigned team members in accordance with BooksTime’s standard processes.
- Provide ongoing coaching to ensure clients are receiving the highest quality work and service.
- Oversee team member performance and lead annual performance reviews.
- Assign new client work to the Senior Accountant team members to help increase productivity and foster an environment of employee growth.
- Transfer client work to new Senior Accountants efficiently and effectively.
- Provide or assign team coverage during vacation or sick leave absences.
- Lead a team in delivering top-notch bookkeeping services to our clients.
- Build strong relationships with the team members.
- Work with members of our Talent Acquisition team to find and hire excellent Senior Accountant candidates.
- Work on identifying internal talent and promote their growth by helping develop their skills and abilities.
- Take initiative and responsibility for your growth, the success of your team, and the success of BooksTime overall.
Client Satisfaction and Success
- Build a relationship with clients by gaining an in-depth understanding of their business needs and objectives. Once established, proactively provide efficient solutions and recommend additional services.
- Serve as a resource to all assigned team members for guidance on client tasks and be willing to step in to help resolve client issues and/or urgent needs.
- Oversee a portfolio of clients ensuring books are complete and accurate and deadlines are met.
- Effectivelymanage communication between team members and clients.
When looking for jobs online, it's essential to be aware of some critical factors to avoid wasting your time and effort. Your personal bank account information should never be shared through a job posting. To ensure that the job posting is not fraudulent and that they are hiring for the position, it is important to contact the company directly. Beware of any job postings that require you to pay upfront fees for any reason. Check your credit report regularly to ensure that your personal information has not been compromised through a job site or employment scam. Be cautious when responding to unsolicited job offers or requests from unknown companies or recruiters. Be cautious of job postings that require you to provide samples of your work without proper compensation or credit, as this could be a sign of a fraudulent job posting. If an employer only wants to conduct your interview via email or text, it may be a scam. To avoid working for a company that doesn't have a good reputation, research the organization before applying for any job. Before taking any actions, double-check that you are on the authorized liquidscapes.info website.
- Assume ownership and responsibility of assigned tasks from start to finish, including but not limited to, client work and communication.
- Identify areas of improvement within BooksTime’s processes and create a strategy for implementing changes.
- Willingness to follow established policies and procedures consistently and accurately, while also providing feedback on how to help the company run more effectively.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- An adaptable, fast learner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Critical Thinker
- Desire for constant improvement
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- A relationship builder
- Ability to have difficult, but effective conversations when needed.
- Ability to empower the team
- Ability to see the big picture and the small details at the same time
- 5+ years of management experience
- An ideal candidate has handled the accounting for multiple companies at one time, while also managing a team of 5+ individuals.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team.
- Example titles for individuals who would be successful in this role may include:
- Controller, Finance Manager, Director of Accounting, VP of Finance, CFO, Team Lead, Supervisor, etc.
- Experience working with multiple clients at the same time, preferably small to midsize businesses.
- 5+ years of experience using QuickBooks and/or similar cloud-based accounting software.
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-time preferred. For part-time, 32 hours per week is still required.
- Salary Range: Negotiable. Starting wage is typically between $38-$45 per hour depending on education and experience.
- Benefits, based on eligibility requirements,may include:
- Health (QSEHRA reimbursement plan)
- Tech Reimbursements
- Simple IRA Employer Match
- This position is, and always will be, 100% remote.
For more information, check out our website: bookstime.com.
IMPORTANT: For your application to be considered, you MUST submit a cover letter and resume. Please provide a very brief cover letter that answers the following 2 questions: (1) What would your ideal job look like? (2) What do you think will be most challenging about this role based on the description?
NOTE: Submitting the skills assessments is preferred. The candidates who submit these will be reviewed first.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $38.00 - $45.00 per hour
Expected hours: 30 – 32 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Internet reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Work from home
- Reminder to submit a cover letter with your application in order to be considered. If a cover letter is included, you can just respond with "confirmed" here.
- How many years of managing multiple clients experience do you have?
- How many years of Quickbooks experience do you have?
- This is a reminder that a cover letter is required for your application to be considered. Have you included a cover letter?
Work Location: Remote
To make a well-informed decision about the job, take the time to read the posting carefully. Don't let the desire to submit your application quickly lead to careless mistakes and inaccuracies. Please submit your application if you are certain that you meet all of the qualifications and requirements. If you have any concerns or questions about this job posting, please reach out to us for clarification.