The Rare Wine Co.
The Rare Wine Co. - one of the country's most revered wine merchants - is looking for an experienced and motivated operations professional.
Since 1989, wine lovers have prized The Rare Wine Co. as one of the world's greatest sources of old & rare wine. And, since 1999, our import business has grown into one of the most respected in the US market.
This unique position provides an opportunity both to shape the way we operate today, and to build the infrastructure for us to thrive in the future. Summary:
The Operations Manager will be a key interface between DTC sales operations and our warehouse fulfillment team. They will take on implementing best practices regarding order processing, internal systems communication/processes, fulfillment, warehouse space utilization and Private Client storage strategy.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial minded, data-driven individual who is able to work directly with staff and senior leaders across several functional areas, including sales, operations, technology and fulfillment. Cross-team coordination, financial & legal acumen, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential. Responsibilities:
- Become a power user in our ERP/WMS (NetSuite) system. Use reporting and data to improve order fulfillment, process flow, warehouse layout and inventory management.
- Act as a go-to resource for others in the business as we grow.
- Identify best practices in maintaining inventory accuracy. Lead analysis of inventory turns and space utilization
- Launch a new private wine storage utility and system for our VIP clients.
Who you are:
- Broad experience managing operations and logistics.
- Experience prioritizing tasks and operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated comfort with data analysis, root-cause problem solving, and basic Excel tools. Understanding of underlying ERP and WMS functions a must; experience in NetSuite a plus.
- Hands on experience in day-to-day inventory management and order fulfillment including receiving, allocations, pick-and-pack, and discrepancy resolution.
- Experience in some aspect of wine distribution or sales a plus.
- Show a hands-on “do what it takes” mentality.
- Have an orientation towards continuous improvement.
- Be solution oriented with your problem solving mindset
- Express a strong desire to satisfy customer needs, but are not afraid to say “no”!
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a collaborative style and an interest in building team culture.
- Comfortable with data analysis, root-cause problem solving, and advanced Excel tools.
- Proven track record of entering new disciplines, developing relevant skills, and succeeding
- Please send a cover letter telling us why you’re interested in the position, along with a resume. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No recruiters, please.
- Relocation possible to SF Bay Area before January 2024