The job vacancy of Senior Talent Management Specialist was announced on December 26, 2023, and it will be unavailable after March 25, 2024. If you're interested in pursuing a job that offers more creativity and innovation, full time work might be a good choice. The employer's non-disclosure of salary means that you have the option to negotiate the salary package. While the job is currently based in Lead, the company is open to hiring remote workers who meet the qualifications.
Guidewire is going through a transformation and is looking for a Senior Talent Management specialist to join our Talent Management and Business Partner team. At Guidewire, we look for people who will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment, who can have fun while getting a lot of great work done. If this sounds like a good fit for you, come join us. This position will play a crucial role in conjunction with Business Partners and their leaders as they navigate what’s next for our people. This is an opportunity to work with creative, smart, fun innovative thinkers to establish and implement people solutions that help us achieve strategic business objectives. If you have experience acting as a change agent, developing holistic people strategies, enabling leaders to be their best, and you are looking to elevate your career, Guidewire’s People team is the place for you.
Job Summary As a Senior Talent Management Specialist focused on Learning and Development, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the growth and skills development of our workforce. Collaborating with senior team members, you will contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of innovative talent programs and initiatives. Your strategic mindset and hands-on approach will ensure our employees have the tools and resources needed to excel in their roles and contribute to the overall success of the organization.
This role will report into VP, Global Business Partners & Talent Management Key Responsibilities
What you will bring to Guidewire:
- Manage the evaluation, enhancement, and re-imagination of our Performance Success process to ensure clarity of expectations, exceptional delivery of high-quality feedback, and meaningful outcomes following performance conversations and integrate our company’s goal-setting practice (VPMOM)
- Enhance and/or innovate new talent calibration tools and best practices, succession plans and, in partnership with the L&D team, develop targeted development plans for successors and other high potential talent that align with future talent needs and meets long-term business strategies
- Benchmark best practices for career growth conversations and career development across Guidewire and build tools to drive a culture of career growth
- Lead efforts to create a culture of career so that employees can grow, develop, and move across the company – leveraging internal mobility to continuously create new opportunities for employees to gain exposure, capabilities, and experience.
- Partner closely with PBPs and COEs (L&OD, DEI, Talent Rewards) to identify opportunities for integration points and address specific talent needs leveraging talent data and themes
- Contribute to the design and implementation of talent programs (e.g., talent reviews, succession planning, talent movement (internal mobility), leadership development); present ideas, business insight, and implementation approaches to business partners and stakeholders to increase the visibility of programs
- Determine ROI and KPIs to support learning initiatives and provide regular dashboards and reporting to the business
- Demonstrated ability to create strategies, practical approaches, activities, and measure to drive and sustain behavior change
- Shown success towork cross-functionally, and vertically with senior leaders to influence and align people strategy with business goals and growth.
- High degree of ownership and possess a strong business acumen, excellent communications skills with the ability to create a story using data and research combined with strong planning/project management skills. Knowledge of talent practices including performance management, organizational change, executive relationship building, etc. Solutions-focused, empathetic, and collaborative approach to implementing and improving people programs and processes to support the business.
- Strong understanding leading research, practices, and innovations in Talent Management, plus the strengths and drawbacks of what has been tried to date
- A creative thinker that develops solutions focused on the future of work and dynamic needs of Guidewire’s culture and its people
- Bring a strong analytical mindset to the team, utilizing data to assess and enhance the effectiveness of talent development programs.
When looking for jobs online, it's important to remember some crucial factors to avoid wasting your time and effort on scams. Before accepting any job offer, research the company thoroughly to ensure that it's a reputable and reliable organization. Be wary of employers who only offer interviews via text or email. Talk to the company directly to ensure that the job posting is genuine and that they are hiring. Use different passwords for different job sites and accounts to reduce the risk of a data breach or identity theft. Be careful not to give out too much personal information when applying for jobs online, especially if you are unsure of the legitimacy of the employer or job posting. Beware of job listings that require you to purchase a 'starter kit' or other materials before you can start working. Be on the lookout for job postings that require you to provide your personal bank account information. Watch out for job postings that use vague job titles or descriptions, as these may be signs of a fraudulent job posting. Stay safe by confirming that you are on the authentic liquidscapes.info website.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1600+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of applications that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on Twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or [email protected]. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail [email protected] to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Before you decide to apply for the job, make sure you've read the posting carefully and understand all the requirements. Accuracy and attention to detail can help you stand out from the competition in the hiring process. Please make sure to carefully evaluate if this job aligns with your personal and professional goals before applying. We encourage individuals who are passionate about this job opportunity and meet the expectations to apply for this job.