Have you considered whether full time work is a good match for your personality and work style? January 14, 2024 marked the beginning of the Textile Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert (SME) - SoftGoods job opportunity, which will expire on April 13, 2024. This position is based in Lead, but the employer is open to considering candidates from other areas if they meet the necessary qualifications. Work experience in the same field for at least 84 months is a must-have for this job. Since the salary is not disclosed by the employer, you have the possibility to negotiate it.
Posted: Sep 12, 2023
Role Number: 200500020
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dåedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! As an integral part of the SoftGoods Operations team, help create the most amazing SoftGoods products on the planet. Work with Apple’s Industrial Design and Product Design teams to develop highly challenging textiles and finishes on a variety of substrates ranging from synthetic yarns, innovative textiles, to engineered fabrics. Our textile manufacturing engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products. We work in tandem with Apple's renowned designers to develop equipment, processes, measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve ambitious specifications at massive production scale. We handle a network of supplier factories worldwide, with responsibility for our partners' delivery to bold schedules. Our focus is on elegant execution of extraordinary industrial designs, resulting in products that thrill our customers. Key Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience and Broad knowledge on textile manufacturing process
- Extensive knowledge on yarn extrusion, yarn post processing, fabric manufacturing technology (weaving, knitting, braiding etc)
- Excellent understanding of fabric post processing technologies e.g. dyeing, finishing, printing.
- Hands-on experience in setting up textile manufacturing processes, including equipment selection.
- Experience with setting up state of the art supply chain for new technologies is a plus.
- Expertise in establishing process controls that adhere to strict quality specifications
- Solid understanding of DOE principals and use of statistical software
- Ability to plan, implement, and present results from investigations using statistical analysis and clearly communicated results and recommendations Knowledge and ability to implement corner and limit sample analysis in preparation and in-process manufacturing
- Responsible for Researching and setting up new manufacturing technologies for creating highly engineered textile materials. - Identify the state of the art equipment for yarn and fabric manufacturing, including post processingof textiles, and implementing tighter control of existing finishes. - Develops, implements, maintains and provide training on textile development and post processing. - Develop, pilot and scale new engineered textiles for mass production. - Research and develop innovative ways of characterizing and testing of textiles including new metrology. - Support x functional team with Failure Analysis and trouble shooting of technical issues. - Identify and lead new innovative methods of continuously improving manufacturing processes. - Present analysis to key decision makers that will be used to make commercial, operations, and design decisions. - Effective collaboration with product and industrial design team to understand design intent, and identify state of the art manufacturing technologies for scale up. - Evaluate supplier capabilities and address shortcomings relative to company needs. - Drive on-site support in conjunction with cross-functional team members for implementation of manufacturing processes at supplier locations. - Build relationships with these counterparts and suppliers, and foster development of their capabilities and expertise. - Maintain working knowledge of key process drivers and subject matter expertise in the technologies to serve as technical resource on project teams. - Frequent travel expected. (>30%)
It's essential to keep in mind some critical elements when applying for jobs online to avoid scams and fraud. To confirm the job posting's authenticity and the availability of the position, contact the company directly. Keep an eye out for job postings that ask you to complete a survey or questionnaire before applying. Use your common sense and trust your instincts when reviewing job postings and responding to potential employers. Don't provide your bank account details to employers unless you're sure the job posting is legitimate. To avoid working for a company with a negative public perception, research its media coverage and online presence before applying for any job. A reputable employer will never ask you to pay for a job opportunity. Avoid sharing sensitive personal information with potential employers until you have established their legitimacy and trustworthiness. Be cautious of job offers that only provide text or email interviews, as these may be a red flag.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Textile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Material Science or equivalent. Additional Requirements
Additional Requirements Pay & Benefits
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $148,200 and $223,100, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Before applying, ensure you have a clear understanding of the job's travel requirements, based on the information in the posting. Don't rush to submit your application - take the time to research the company and demonstrate your interest in the job in your cover letter. If you are unsure about any aspect of this job posting, please ask for clarification before submitting an application. If you are convinced that this job is the right fit for you, we encourage you to submit your application. Furthermore, if this job vacancy isn't the right fit, liquidscapes.info has many other job vacancies to consider.