By 2025, KIPP DC will build upon two decades of proven results to develop into a more impactful, innovative, and inclusive school system that provides joyful, identity-affirming learning experiences so that all students and alumni achieve extraordinary outcomes.
Our work is grounded in a commitment to excellence, equity, and justice. We believe all students have the right to rigorous, relevant, and joyful learning experiences led by exceptionally talented and diverse educators who promote student achievement and a sense of belonging. We believe students and teachers best succeed when surrounded by an ecosystem of supports, including our central headquarters team that supports KIPP DC’s 20 schools, 7,300 students, and 1,300 teachers, leaders, and staff members dedicated to this mission.
The School Compliance Manager is an integral member of a school - based campus support team working alongside the office managers and operations team to run the day - to - day functions of our schools. The School Compliance Manager is assigned to one KIPP DC campus and primary responsibilities include working with families to maintain documentation and managing matters related to compliance with a full spectrum of federal and state requirements at the campus and school level. This position will also assist in sustaining policies and systems that ensure KIPP DC's overall compliance with regulations and fidelity of student information. A successful School Compliance Manager balances management of the information systems while helping and supporting our families as a friendly face of KIPP DC. The School Compliance Manager is a school-based exempt position and it will report to an Associate Director of School Support & Service.
Partner with school teams to implement, monitor, and document KIPP DC's compliance at the school level around a full spectrum of federal and state requirements, including:
- DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education and Public Charter School Board requirements, including audits, reviews, and annual reports
- Student enrollment support and documentation review including residency requirements, documentation, and compliance, including working closely with families to ensure deadlines and document requirements are met. This includes:
- Collection of all enrollment and re enrollment documentation for all students on campus
- Leading communication with families about required and missing documentation
- Working alongside Associate Directors to monitor audits and action steps in the Enrollment Audit and Child Count Application
- Monitoring enrollment goals and making waitlist offers
- Ensure waitlists and matched lists are accurate
- Homeless youth population requirements, documentation, and compliance
- Student health records and vaccination requirements
- Maintenance of accurate student records and requests, court orders and guardian alerts
- Student withdrawal and exit management
- Compliance requirements associated with Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) programs
Actively participate and support campus efforts, including:
- Communication and coordination with office managers at each campuses school including coordinated enrollment and immunization efforts, office coverage if applicable
- Ensure school teams on assigned campus have clarity around enrollment process and dates
- Support re enrollment efforts alongside the student recruitment team including being the main point of contact for families on campus including attending events
- Assist school teams with assessment compliance
- Assist Associate Director of Health Services coordinating health efforts with nursing staff (eg HPEA coordination, hearing and vision screenings)
- Serveas a full-time and engaged member of KIPP DC's staff, including assisting with student recruitment and enrichment activities, and working with other staff members to ensure fulfillment of KIPP DC's mission.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 1-3 years of experience working in an education environment preferred
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new technologies, including PowerSchool and other student information systems
- Outstanding organizational skills, and extraordinary attention to detail
- Self-starter with customer service experience and relationship management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced school environment under tight deadlines
- Results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Passion for education reform and the belief that every child can succeed
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP DC's mission and to advancing its anti-racist ambition through their work with staff, students, alumni, and families
- Flexibility, tenacity, ability to produce high-quality work, resourcefulness, and willingness to work well with a team
- Mastery of Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
KIPP DC offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package:
- The anticipated starting salary for this position is $65,105-$77,504. At KIPP DC we strive for clarity, equity, and to be highly competitive. When determining salaries we look at benchmarks in the education and non-profit sector.
- KIPP DC offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurances; various voluntary benefits; and employer paid benefits such as short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, and a membership to One Medical.
- KIPP DC also offers a 403(b) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution and a 3% match with vesting after three years.
- Currently, individuals in this role have up to 15 paid time off days, up to 10 paid sick days, 12 paid holidays, and paid Thanksgiving week break and winter break. This is subject to change and your exact schedule will be shared in your offer letter.
- As a headquarters team that is focused on being responsive to our schools and meeting the needs of our students and families, we approach our work in a way that reflects these priorities. Schools operate in person and our students and families rely on us for in-person support which requires this position to be fully on-site. This role is currently required to be on-site or in schools during regular work hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested applicants should visit online at http://www.kippdc.org/careers/apply-now/ If you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment Team via e-mail at [email protected].
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
KIPP DC Public Schools does not discriminate against, or tolerate discrimination against, employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis or protected class including, but not limited to, actual or perceived race, color, national origin, immigration status (except as necessary to comply with federal, DC, state, or local law), religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or expression), marital status (including domestic partnership status), genetic information, political affiliation, pregnancy, family responsibilities, personal appearance, veteran status, uniform service member status, status of being unemployed, status of victim a survivor of domestic violence, sexual offense or stalking, matriculation or any other protected class under federal, state, DC, or local law.
Click here or here to review KIPP DC’s non-discrimination policy and KIPP DC’s Title IX Coordinator’s contact information.