- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, maintenance of systems hardware/software and related infrastructure.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- Documents, monitors, and audits those environments.
- Administer and maintain a secure user environment and shared resources in general in accordance with applicable security best practices and optimal resource accessibility.
- Primary resource for server and network hardware and software issues
- Provides supplemental network and systems administration support to IT team.
- Works with IT team on large projects
- Knowledge and experience in a large-scale Enterprise network.
- Knowledge of Linux (RHEL) administration
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Proficient within the following technologies - Patch Management, Vulnerability Assessment/Remediation
- Perform system administration activities in all phases of a project, to include discovery, design, build, test, and deploy.
- Participate in Change Control technical assessment and review.
- Oversee approved routine maintenance implementation on applicable systems.
- Work closely with the Tier 3 Engineering and Tier 4 network architecture teams for proper escalation on issues, tasks, and projects.
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell)
- Experience/Familiar with Cribl Observability platform
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 5 yrs of experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Currently deployed applications include SolarWinds, RightITnow, Splunk and NetScout, however, we are seeking strong skillsets within NETMRI, InfoBlox and Live Action/LiveNX. These custom solutions require more than simple installation and configuration of these applications.
- This opportunity focuses primarily on engineering NetMRI, InfoBlox, Riverbed & Live Action/LiveNX environments as well as being a primary resource for server and network instances on many Windows & Linux systems.
- Experience with Network Visibility tools, not just using them, but architecting them and administering them. (Tools such as NetMRI, InfoBlox, ScienceLogic)
- Must be able to pass and maintain a Tier 2S (MBI) Government background investigation.
- 10+ years' IT experience in a technical position
- 5+ years' experience with Splunk
- Linux - Red Hat is a plus.
- Experience writing/maintaining appropriate scripts to automate system administration and recurring jobs.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of enterprise hardware including rack mount and blade servers
- Certified Splunk Administrator/Architect preferred.
- CompTIA Network+ or equivalent preferred
- A+ certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- VMware Certified Associate
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
We are seeking a Network Visibility Tools Engineer to join our team supporting the Department of Veteran Affairs NEDIIS.
The VA NSOC defends, manages, and monitors the network operating status and cyber security posture of the VA by providing the day-to-day management, operation and configuration of the enterprise network infrastructure, Internet Gateways, the delivery of enterprise security systems and services, the monitoring and reporting of security incidents, the conduct of threat and vulnerability analysis, the validation of adequate security controls within the enterprise and the full range of functions across the spectrum of activities relating to incident management, incident response and enterprise network management.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
Applying for jobs online can be challenging, but you can avoid scams and fraud by keeping in mind some important tips. Don't apply for any job without first researching the company to verify its authenticity and credibility. Avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading attachments from potential employers, as they may contain malware or phishing scams. Watch out for job postings that require you to work without proper employment documentation or contracts, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job opportunity. Beware of job postings that ask for payment for training, equipment, or other expenses. Job interviews conducted over text or email are often a red flag for potential scams. It's important to make sure you are on the authentic liquidscapes.info website to keep yourself safe. Use common sense when applying for jobs online and avoid any job postings that seem too good to be true. If a job posting asks for personal information, such as your social security number or date of birth, be extra cautious and double-check the legitimacy of the company. Contact the company to validate the job posting and verify that they are currently hiring.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".
Additional Job Information
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Martinsburg, WV
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must be able to pass and maintain a Tier 2S (MBI) Government background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Ensure you have the necessary skills and experience before applying for the job, based on the information in the posting. When it comes to job applications, quality trumps speed every time – take the time to ensure that your work is accurate and complete. We welcome applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and can meet the requirements. If you have any questions or concerns about this job posting, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification.