The successful candidate for this job will receive a salary of USD 30 - 40 annually. New Jersey Library Association is currently hiring for several part time roles, but make sure to read the job description carefully to ensure that it matches your skills and experience. While the job is currently based in Millburn, the company is open to hiring remote workers who meet the qualifications. The job opportunity for the PT Librarian - Marketing and Outreach, Millburn Free Public Library position has been published since December 2, 2023 and will come to an end on February 28, 2024.
Part-Time 27 hours per week. Includes participation in the Saturday rotation.
The Millburn Free Public Library invites applications to fill a new part-time librarian position in our busy library. Primary responsibility will be the coordination of the library's marketing and communication activities, with regularly scheduled hours at our public service desks. Includes leave time benefits and DCRP retirement plan. Reports to the Head of Public Services. Recent MLS / MLIS graduates are welcome to apply. Duties include:
- Coordinate the library's marketing, communication, and outreach activities. Represent the library at various community events and functions.
- Prepare and produce the library's quarterly newsletter, with informational input from library colleagues.
- Day-to-day handling of the library's social media presence, including Facebook, X, YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram. Collaborate with others as needed.
- Work closely with the Head of Public Services and the Library Director to develop, implement, and follow a marketing plan.
- Reference service, readers' advisory, and technology assistance to visitors of all ages.
- Participate in collection development activities (selecting and de-selecting materials)
- Recommend and implement new services, resources, and programs.
- Interpret and enforce library policy in situations relevant to the position, with tact and aplomb.
- Provide excellent customer service under all circumstances.
- Readily undertake other duties as assigned.
- MLS / MLIS degree. Candidate must possess or be eligible for a New Jersey Professional Librarian Certificate.
- Knowledge of professional trends and developments. Involvement with professional associations.
- Candidates must be flexible, able to handle multiple competing priorities and tasks, adaptable to change, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with the principles of marketing, communication, and community engagement. Experience with coordinating social media.
- Excellent customer service, teamwork, and technology skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluency in English.
- Comfortable working with patrons of all ages.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a part of a group.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Occasional travel outside of the library for meetings or training.
- Able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, stand, and ambulate as needed, as relevant to the position. Daily tasks require lifting, carrying, moving, and manipulating books and other library material as well as pushing a loaded cart full of books.*
- Creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Business or marketing experience.
- Creative experience, including graphic design, photography, and videography.
- Familiarity with relevant software and apps.
Schedule: 27 hours per week. Includes participation in the Saturday rotation. Occasional evenings possible.
Don't take any chances when applying for jobs online; keep in mind these crucial elements to avoid scams and fraudulent job postings. Any job posting that asks for payment before hiring is likely a scam. Always verify the legitimacy of a job posting before submitting your application or any personal information. Be on the lookout for job postings that require you to use your personal bank account for any reason. Be wary of potential fraud by limiting personal information during job applications. To avoid working for a company with a negative company culture, research its employee reviews and testimonials before applying for any job. A reputable employer will not conduct interviews solely via text or email, so it's important to be cautious if this is the case. Beware of phishing scams that may try to redirect you away from the actual liquidscapes.info site. Watch out for job postings that ask you to provide a credit report or background check before being considered for a job, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity. Get in touch with the employer to confirm that the job posting is not a scam and they are seeking applicants.
Title: Ranked at Librarian 1 by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission.
Compensation: $36.70 per hour (based on labor agreement for year 2024). This position is represented by the Communications Workers of America Local 1031, AFL-CIO and is ranked at the position of Librarian 1 by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission. Starting salary is based on CWA contract and exceeds the NJLA recommended minimum. Start Date: Anticipated start date in February 2024. The first 90 days of employment are provisional.
To Apply:E-mail cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to . Documents must be sent as a Word or PDF attachment ONLY. No phone calls. No faxes. Use the subject line: pt-marketing-librarian-2024. You must include your home address in your application packet. Application packets that only include an e-mail address and/or phone number will be rejected. The library will only contact candidates they wish to interview. The Millburn Free Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. Applications received by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 27, 2023, will be given first preference. Interviews will be held in mid-January. The anticipated start date is in February 2024.*
Persons with physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
It's crucial to read through this job opening carefully to make an informed decision. Have you done so? If you want to stand out from the competition, make sure that your application is accurate and well-crafted. If you have any concerns or questions about this job posting, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for clarification. Please only submit your application if you are certain that you can fulfill the responsibilities and expectations of this job posting.