Although the job is situated in Minneapolis, it is a remote position that allows you to work from anywhere that suits you. To be considered for this job, you must have a minimum of 60 months of experience working in the same field. Sleep Number is currently recruiting for jobs with various types of work, including full time, so be sure to assess whether it's the right fit. The salary not being exposed by the employer means that you can negotiate based on the company's commitment to employee empowerment and autonomy. The UI/UX Design, Manager job listing was made available on September 14, 2023, and it will no longer be accessible after December 13, 2023.
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber Position Purpose
The Manager, SleepIQ UI/UX Design – SleepIQ technology has the amazing opportunity to be a part brand voice and UI/UX design of our award winning SleepIQ® technology applications. Sleep Number’s wholly owned IoT platform enables us to bring ongoing features and advancements to our smart bed customers. With the world’s largest responsory of longitudinal sleep data our UI/UX design team will be the champion on how to bring meaningful sleep experiences to our customers that are broadly relevant and individually tailored. Our UI/UX and progressive disclosure through quarterly releases drives our highly engaged smart sleeper community; the heartbeat of our mission to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. This newly created role will be a part of our in-house design center of excellence by combining strong user experience thinking with visual design skills. Defining the look, feel, layout and interaction details of our consumer SleepIQ iOS, Android and Web applications; our hand-held remote control; our home delivery installation application; and our customer support portal. Supporting both customer facing and internal enterprise application design delivering consistency for all customers that interact with the SleepIQ® technology platform.
If you have a passion for user centered design that moves society forward with meaningful benefits, this is the role for you. This role will partner to set the strategic vision of our smart sleep solutions, manage a team of designers to help bring the strategy to life, and continue to evolve our design system across all sleep number smart sleeper applications. Building the future for our smart sleeper and internal enterprise applications linking the end-to-end smart sleeper journey. Primary Responsibilities
- Deliver the UI/UX strategy for Sleep Number’s smart sleeper digital experience, building user journeys across channels and digital platforms.
- Bring strategic design expertise to the digital smart sleeper style guide, partnering with our enterprise brand team to integrate and differentiate our end-to-end customer journey.
- Lead a team of globally dispersed contract designers, leading multiple design projects at once, establish and update UX design processes and mentor junior designers.
- Manage all design aspects of development projects from start to finish, own the end-to-end user experience of all active projects – both through ownership and consulting with other design team members.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside of the core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are comprehensive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Integrate creative approaches in solving common UX problems, such as usability and findability.
- Ensure that all elements of Smart Sleeper experiences are optimized for improved usability, accessibility, usefulness, and visual design. This includes gathering and evaluating user requirements, designing user flow(s), user experience and product visual elements.
- Collaborate with various teams (like product management and engineering) to build innovative solutions; and partner with product development managers to set the strategic product vision.
- Participate in all visual design stages, from concept to final hand-off to the engineering team.
- Be responsible for keeping your team up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies. This also includes staying informed about competitor products and industry trends.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- 5+ years’ experience; UI/UX design with a proven track record of building and managing successful UI/UX teams; bringing diverse team members together through a common strategic goal and resulting in strong user engagement and retention
- BA/BS in Design (Human interaction, user experience, graphic, product, etc.), Human computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent related experience
- Mobile application experience large userbase or high score ratings/reviews
- Experience with applications that control/interact with hardlines products
- User interface development experience: Automatic design, UI grid and composition, color theory, heuristic evaluation, typography, interaction design and iconography
- Visual prototyping and wireframing experience using Figma, storyboarding, Invision, Sketch, Visio, Adobe Creative Suite, decision mapping, decision flow diagrams and other design tools
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to travel 10% - 15% of the time
- Hybrid office environment; must be able to sit or stand and use a computer for at least 8 hours per day
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
When searching for jobs online, it's crucial to be aware of some critical factors to ensure that you find legitimate job postings and avoid scams. Legitimate employers will typically follow more traditional hiring practices. To stay secure, confirm that you're on the verified liquidscapes.info website. Be cautious of employers who ask for too much personal information during the application process. If a job posting requests access to your personal bank account, proceed with caution. Avoid job postings that make unrealistic promises or guarantees about your future earnings or success. It is illegal for employers to require upfront fees for job-related expenses. Always be wary of job postings that ask for your social media or online account passwords, as this information could be used for identity theft or fraud. It is recommended to contact the company to confirm the job's authenticity and that they are currently hiring before submitting an application. It's important to research the company before applying for any job to avoid job scams and to ensure that it's a legitimate and credible organization.
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Have you taken into account the location and commute associated with this job opportunity? If so, it's time to make a decision. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who are passionate about this job opportunity and can fulfill the responsibilities and expectations. Remember, your job application is your chance to make a great first impression – make sure that it's accurate and complete. If you have any concerns or questions about this job posting, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification.