January 10, 2024 marked the release of the job listing for the Enrollment Counselor Specialist position, which will no longer be accessible after April 9, 2024. The employer's non-disclosure of salary means that you can negotiate based on the company's performance-based bonus structure. It is mandatory to have passed Bachelor Degree as a minimum requirement to apply for this job. Is full time work something that you're willing to do in order to gain experience or build your resume? Although the job is based in Mission, it is a remote job that provides the freedom to work from any location in the world as long as you can deliver on your responsibilities.
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
Pay Range: $18.79 - $27.25
Before you apply for any job online, make sure you know these important tips to avoid fraudulent job postings. Be cautious of job postings that suggest email or text as the only form of communication for an interview. If a job posting seems too good to be true and requires payment upfront, it's probably a scam. Validate the job posting's authenticity and the company's hiring intentions by contacting them and requesting more information. Your intuition can often tell you whether or not a job posting is legitimate, so trust your instincts. Avoid job postings that require you to transfer funds through your personal bank account. Take the time to research the company mentioned in the job posting to ensure its legitimacy. Protect yourself from identity theft by limiting the amount of personal information you share with potential employers. Always take the time to research the company to avoid fraudulent job postings and to ensure that it's a trustworthy organization.
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career. Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Interact with students via telephone, email/written correspondence to guide students through the entire enrollment process.
- Continued and multiple student contacts, including setting appointments with students to ensure enrollment progress is made.
- Proactively contact and follow up with students via telephone and email.
- Answer questions and educate students on WGU programs and enrollment processes/requirements.
- Manage student applications throughout the enrollment process by using best practices, including follow-up appointments and meeting deadlines.
- Establish proper expectations regarding the student experience and WGU’s culture.
- Evaluate students’ academic goals to align with degree program selection.
- Resolve students’ questions and concerns, and guide students throughout the enrollment process.
- Maintain a current understanding of WGU degree programs.
- Remain compliant with standards, guidelines, and policies set forth by WGU and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Regularly collaborates and works with other departments, including admissions, transcripts, financial services, and student accounts, to ensure a streamlined enrollment process.
- Sustained improvement expected with individual and collective employee performance, motivation, and commitment to students.
- Use existing reports effectively to improve student success, your performance metrics, and team productivity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated human relation skills.
- Will have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programs, and the ability to work across multiple software programs simultaneously. Should be comfortable with basic troubleshooting and working in a remote environment utilizing remote web applications.
- Ability to use a personal computer and Internet experience essential. Capable of working remote web media for remote communications and presentations.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to prioritize student outreach efforts and strategize day independently based on pipeline health
- Appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate. Is future oriented. Assesses what will help or hinder achieving goals. Focuses on what is important.
- Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner. Approaches conflict proactively. Solicits and shares feedback openly. Listens with empathy and maintains composure.
- This individual understands WGU policies, processes, and resourcesavailable to both employees and students.
- This individual draws on facts collected from a broad knowledge of WGU's goals and processes.
- Corrects behaviors and communication styles to meet the needs of a wide range of situations. Tackle obstacles appropriately and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Reliability - Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done. Actions are consistent with WGU Leadership Principles and Cultural Beliefs. Follows through on commitments and exhibits exceptional integrity.
- Attitude – Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth. Is self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others. Asserts self appropriately to champion ideas. Tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
- Professional phone and language skills (clear speaking, active listening, professional language, clear writing).
- Working with a sophisticated CRM system (Salesforce preferred)
- Sales or customer service experience could be helpful but is not required.
- Strong rapport building and communications abilities, especially via phone.
- Strong work ethic coupled with attention to details.
- An ability to work independently without close supervision, coupled with an understanding that regular feedback, critiques, and coaching are part of our continuous improvement cycle.
- Determination to complete assigned work in a timely, organized, and professional fashion.
- A courageous focus on what’s best for students and the team.
- Flexible and adaptable to change and an aptitude to learn novel approaches and technologies quickly.
- A collaborative attitude and team spirit that supports the success of the entire team.
Competencies: Organizational Impact:
- Tasks are accomplished by following a defined standard or set of procedures to achieve day to day objectives with direct impact on the area of specialty.
- The work is performed under moderate supervision and consists of routine tasks that may require advice and guidance from more senior personnel in the same area.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Review's solutions and employs minor adjustments to work methods to solve problems that are routine and typically exist in current work processes and systems.
- May be required to highlight areas of concerns/problems and offer potential solutions.
- Problems and issues faced are generally routine but may require interpretation of procedures or polices to resolve.
Communication and Influence:
- Communication with contacts within the job area is typical, and information that is provided or obtained may require some explanation or interpretation to reach agreement.
Leadership & Talent Management:
- May provide minimal guidance and assistance to new or entry level employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of operational systems and practices.
- Must work set schedule with hours that may include evenings and weekends.
- Must have basic computer skills, including experience working with Microsoft Office programs, navigating multiple software programs simultaneously, and managing high volumes of phone calls and emails.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong experience with distance education and distance learning students is preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills, strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred.
- Experience in a call center environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Have you taken a close look at all the requirements of this job vacancy? If so, it's time to make a decision. Don't sacrifice accuracy and completeness in your job application in favor of speed – take the time to do it right. We welcome applications from individuals who are passionate about this job opportunity and can fulfill the requirements. Please make sure to read the job requirements and responsibilities carefully before applying. Nonetheless, you might want to check out other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info before making a decision.