A prerequisite for this job is that you have 24 months of experience in the same field. full time work can offer a way to work on projects that have a positive impact on society and the environment. This job is situated in Mission, yet it's a remote position, which means it can be completed from anywhere. You can negotiate your salary with the employer based on the level of responsibility and autonomy in the role. The job opportunity for the Talent Acquisition Coordinator position has been published since January 12, 2024 and will come to an end on April 11, 2024.
Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is a global leader in the protection of unaccompanied refugee and migrant children. Launched in 2008, KIND champions a world in which every child’s rights and well-being are protected throughout their journey to safety. KIND has accepted over 23,000 referrals of children seeking legal representation in their immigration proceedings. KIND has welcomed more than 41,000 attendees to trainings since its founding, cultivating partnerships with over 670 law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations across the country.
KIND’s social services program ensures that migrant and refugee children – who have often endured trauma – receive counseling, educational support, medical care, and other comprehensive services.
To address the root causes of child migration from Central America, and strengthen the protection of unaccompanied children, KIND advocates for policy changes and educates lawmakers, the media, and the broader public on the conditions that drive these children to flee their home countries. KIND supports children returning to their home countries by connecting them to essential support services and sponsors gender-based violence prevention programs in Central America to protect children in countries of origin and transit.
KIND is also building upon its expertise in the protection of unaccompanied children to encourage the development of pro bono initiatives across Europe in partnership with European NGOs.
Before you start your job search online, it's important to keep in mind some key tips to ensure a safe and successful job search. If a job posting requires payment for anything, it's likely a scam. Avoid job postings that require you to provide your personal bank account information for any type of transactions. To verify that the job posting is authentic and the position is available, it's best to contact the company directly. Don't be fooled by job postings that use fake or unverified company reviews or ratings to promote the job opportunity, as these may not accurately reflect the company's reputation or culture. Be cautious with personal information, especially when applying for jobs online. A genuine employer will usually prefer to conduct an interview over the phone or in-person, rather than via email or text message. Take the necessary steps and ensure you are on the genuine liquidscapes.info website to avoid any negative consequences. If a job posting seems too good to be true, it's likely a scam or fraud, so steer clear and look for legitimate opportunities instead. Don't let yourself fall for job scams; always research the company before applying for any job to verify its credibility and reputation.
Position Summary: KIND seeks a Talent Acquisition Coordinator responsible for assisting in full life-cycle recruitment and recruitment operations tasks. This role is a part of the HR Talent Team, providing support through a variety of logistical and administrative HR tasks in the realm of recruitment, such as posting requisitions and external job advertisements, sourcing for candidates, and maintaining and monitoring the Applicant Tracking System. The successful candidate is a highly motivated team player, critical thinker, with excellent writing and communications skills, willing learner, multi-tasker able to time manage effectively with our team. This a headquarters position based remotely from any location in the U.S. Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Creates and maintains user profiles in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Lever; assists users with access issues and/or training.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition Coordinators to oversee and address inquiries within the team's inbox.
- Organizes and maintains recruitment files; helps to create, collect, track and maintain recruitment files and materials including interview feedback forms, reference checks, etc.
- Posts job vacancies externally; helps research areas of expansion and growth opportunities; manages tracking in MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Follows up with potential applicants and assists in tracking of employee referrals.
- Supports the recruitment process by collaborating with hiring managers and talent acquisition specialists to ensure a smooth and efficient recruitment experience.
- Utilizes all sourcing strategies including, sourcing potential candidates by using databases, social media, etc., to build a strong talent pipeline and to identify candidates, both active and passive.
- Supports compliance with KIND’s recruitment policies and procedures.
- Actsas a point of contact for employee inquiries related to Talent Acquisition activities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of recruitment processes.
- Works closely in collaboration with KIND's HR Operations team to address matters related to job descriptions.
- Assists with internship recruitment, hiring, and new hire orientation.
- Undergraduate in a relative field required; or minimum of 3 years of relative experience.
- Minimum of 2 year of recruitment and HR administrative experience, preferably in fast-paced, high-volume nonprofit environments.
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and other sourcing tools.
- Familiarity with ATS and Candidate Management Systems (CMS), preferably Lever.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong cross-cultural and interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with staff at all levels.
- Proven experience working with diverse or historically underserved communities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment with a keen orientation for details, work both independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Excellent discretion and ability to handle sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites (such as Teams, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively and multi-task in our KIND environment, managing numerous priorities and emerging opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate as appropriate.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and communication styles.
- Committed to prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as embracing transparency and authenticity in daily work life.
- Be disciplined and nimble to ensure delivery on our core mission of access to justice and protection of children’s wellbeing and rights.
- Showing the ability to multi-task and work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Committed to practicing and supporting wellbeing and a work-home life balance.
- Experience working and communicating in a remote environment.
KIND requires all staff be COVID vaccinated with the exception of those who have medical or religious beliefs exemptions.
Please be advised that an employment application will need to be submitted along with your resume and cover letter, in order to be considered for the desired role.
KIND has an organization-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to create a work environment where everyone has a sense of belonging. Individuals from historically underrepresented or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: KIND is committed to an ethical recruitment and hiring process and maintains a firm “no fees” recruitment policy. We will never charge a fee or ask for money as part of the application process. KIND also conducts all interviews via telephone or video conference, and at no time will KIND engage in a text or mobile app-based application or interview process. For more information, please visit the following website: https://supportkind.org/join-the-team/kind-employment-practices/ .
If you have read through this job listing with attention to detail, now is the time to decide whether to apply. We encourage you to ask questions and seek clarification before submitting an application. Accuracy and attention to detail are highly valued by recruiters, so make sure that your job application showcases these qualities. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and meet the qualifications.