The job opening is in Nashville, but the company is open to hiring individuals from anywhere who meet the job qualifications listed. The job vacancy entitled Construction Manager (Traveling USA) was announced on December 5, 2023, and it will be removed on March 4, 2024. You can negotiate your salary with the employer based on the level of responsibility and autonomy in the role. To be eligible for this job, you need to possess 84 months of experience working in the same field. Dennis Group Construction & Site Safety is hiring for full time positions.
Construction Managers are Dennis Group’s project site supervisors that oversee the daily operations of the construction activities including coordination of sub-contractors, site safety programs, project schedule, and project budget. Our projects are designing and building food and beverage process facilities (industrial / MEP projects). This involves much coordination with multiple engineering groups and designers / architects. The construction manager is a skilled communicator, able to interact with all levels of personnel, coordinate and facilitate meetings with competence, and have strong technical skills in order to function proficiently with multiple types of software programs.
The Construction Manager ensures the progression of the project in providing attention and coordination in both field and office construction management tasks. The role functions will include contract administration, project planning and scheduling, project reporting, and an advisory role to project management issues and activities.
Typical responsibilities include but not limited to:
Before you start your job search online, make sure to keep in mind some essential tips to ensure a safe and successful job search. It's important to be aware of the warning signs of a potentially fraudulent job posting and take them seriously. Employers who only conduct interviews over text or email may not be legitimate, so it's important to do your research before proceeding. Be cautious of job postings that ask for upfront fees or payments, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity. Researching the company's organizational chart and job descriptions can help you understand its career progression and job opportunities before applying for any job. Avoid job postings that ask you to purchase expensive equipment or supplies before starting work. Watch out for job postings that ask for payment before you can start working. Remember that it's better to err on the side of caution when it comes to sharing personal information with potential employers.
Site Supervisory Responsibilities
- Daily supervision of construction activities including coordination of subcontractors and site safety programs
- When directed, oversite / supervision of any assigned field engineers or Jr Construction Managers
- Works autonomously on overseeing medium-sized projects
- Working with project management on the developing and updating project scope, budget, and schedule
- Project accounting, budgeting, and cost management
- Other tasks as assigned
- Establishing and maintaining site safety procedures with our safety team
- Overseeing process, mechanical and utility equipment installations
- Permitting, code and regulatory administration and approval
- Change order and general construction administration
- Coordination of field engineering
- Inspection coordination
- Managing third party testing, inspection, and relationships
- Researching construction management best practices
- This role is client facing and you will need to work collaboratively with owners, subs, building officials, and our A/E team.
- Preparing and administering third-party agreements
- Jobsite walk / audits to ensure project is progressing and sub-contractors are following plans per the schedule
- Procuring project services and equipment (rentals, PPE, etc.)
- Managing project punch-list inspection
- Promoting continuous and productive communication between project participants including internal and external clients and partners
- Support and coordinate facility start up
- Preparing and maintaining project reports and logs
- Work with sub-contractors to ensure schedule compliance and determine alternatives resources or options
- Review and maintain submittals, RFIs, Change orders
- Work with Project Controllers and Project Manager in responsibilities involving supplier invoices and client billing
- Perform engineering calculations
- Preparing permit applications
- Assist in preparing work plans and work packages
- Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews
- Coordinating project close-out activities
- Safety responsibilities in different varieties and capabilities
- Supporting talent growth within our organization
- Provide coaching and/or mentoring to a subordinate group when directed by supervisor.
Required Education Skills and Experience
- A bachelors degree in construction science, building science, construction engineering or a related field is strongly preferred
- 4-7 years of Design-build experience over industrial projects (strongly preferred)
- 4-7 years of overseeing sub-contractors and driving the project schedule
- 4-7 years of client interaction experience - strong technical, organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- 4-7 years of progressively responsible job site experience working on industrial building projects.
- You have a fundamental understanding of all phases of construction and an ability to read and interpret construction documents, schedules, and budgets
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is a plus
- Meet Travel requirement – Up to 100% travel to projects throughout the USA and possible Canada
- Work Schedule requirement – Work 10 days onsite, 4 days off.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer and prolonged periods of standing and walking around project site with uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite.
- Must be able to lift-up to 50 pounds at times.
- Our projects are located throughout the United States and Canada, and this is a site-based position with a 10 days on / 4 days off work schedule. Projects typically last from 6 to 12+ months. Meal and lodging per diems are provided along with reasonable travel provisions. Up to 100% overnight travel is required based on project needs.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
If you have thoroughly reviewed this job vacancy, it's time to make a decision whether to apply. When recruiters review job applications, they are looking for candidates who pay attention to the details and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. We want to make sure that all applicants are well-informed and have a clear understanding of the job expectations before applying. If you are confident in your qualifications and experience, we welcome you to submit your application for this job posting. Meanwhile, you might want to check out other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that match your skills and experience.