BZ-RESTAURANTS Job Description
Department: Business Operations, Restaurants
Title: General Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Director, Business Operations
About Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS):
WCS stands for wildlife and wild places. As the world's premier wildlife conservation organization, WCS has a long track record of achieving innovative, impactful results at scale. We run field programs spanning 60 countries and the entire ocean. We build on a unique foundation: Our reach is global; we discover through best-in-class science; we protect through work on the ground with local and indigenous people; we inspire through our world-class zoos, aquarium, and education programs; and we leverage our resources through partnerships and powerful policy influence. Our more than 4,000 diverse, passionately committed team members in New York City and around the world work collectively to achieve our conservation mission. Position Summary
Oversee the efficient running and profitability of designated business area. Achieve budgeted net income and provide high quality products and superior customer service, while maintaining WCS set standards. Responsibilities Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualification Requirements Qualifications
- Build, motivate, and lead a team of managers and associates who focus on providing superior service, achieving sales plans and delivering planned financial results.
- Train seasonal staff to maintain the highest level of customer service, using proven standard methods.
- Demonstrate the highest level of sanitation standards by adhering to all NYC Department of Health practices.
- Control labor by managing projected budget figures and closely monitoring schedules.
- Control food costs by overseeing purchasing, inventory control and waste management to achieve targeted percentage.
- Manage quality and portion control by maintaining standard operating procedures and ensuring accuracy of recipes.
- Create learning and development plans with the management team to ensure staff has continuous professional growth.
- Ensure compliance with food standards for safety and sanitation and ensure all federal, state, and local health codes are met.
- Monitor and control cash handling to promote accountability.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Bachelor's degree in food & Beverage, Hospitality Management, Retail or related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the operation of a quick service restaurant; preferably in a fast-paced, customer focused, high-volume seasonal environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to balance numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently and operate a business without close supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills; especially Excel.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer, and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and engaging a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on gender, race/ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, caste, genetic information or any other covered status or characteristic protected by laws and regulations/and similar categories.
It is everyone's responsibility to ensure that we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based upon a person's membership in one of these protected categories in areas such as recruitment, selection, job assignment, supervision, training, promotions, job grading, transfers, termination, compensation, benefits, educational opportunities, WCS sponsored recreational activities and facilities.
The organization complies with the spirit and intent of relevant local laws and WCS's employment policies. Note that the salary offer will reflect the selected candidate's individual experiences, skills and qualifications, internal equity, work location and country of work.
Full-Time Salary Range
$79,600 - $94,000