The job opening is based in New York, however, the company is open to considering candidates who reside in other areas and meet the requirements listed below. It is a necessary qualification for this job vacancy that you have passed High School as a minimum requirement. To qualify for this job, you must have at least 12 months of work experience in the same field. The employer not disclosing the salary allows for negotiation of it. The Data Center Technician - CTJ - Top Secret job opening was released on December 12, 2023, and it will be removed on February 27, 2024. full time work can provide a way to gain experience in a particular field or industry.
Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a Datacenter Technician (DCT)
on the U.S. Government Airgap team, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s dedicated online services supporting the U.S. Government.
While our U.S. Government dedicated datacenter operations team has a sharp focus on serving our U.S. Government customers and helping them achieve federal missions, together, all of Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations team. Responsibilities As a Datacenter Technician, your responsibilities will include
Data Center Operations
- Demonstrates an applied understanding of standard processes and procedures for preparing, installing, performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, replacing, and/or decommissioning equipment
- Proactively shares relevant information to enable efficient workflow and mitigate the impact that changes to their area of work will have on others.
- Complies with Data Center Services (DCS) business unit and service-level policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- Completes assigned tickets efficiently and in alignment with expectations for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) per task type while meeting or exceeding established Service Level Agreements (SLAs), with minimal guidance from other technicians.
- Prepares, stages, sets up, and performs startups and shutdowns (e.g., racks, hard drives, switches) according to specific instructions provided via checklists, guides, standard protocols, and emails; assists and provides guidance to other technicians to complete challenging or complex tasks.
- Performs post-execution quality checks and verifies that grounding, staging, labeling, and cabling are set up properly according to safety protocols, deployment standards, and planned Network Design Tasks (NDTs),
- Performs diagnostics and troubleshooting following standard procedures, quickly identifies the cause(s) of issues, and replaces faulty components with minimal customer and business disruption.
- Provides guidance to technicians troubleshooting issues.
- Decommissions hardware for simple changes and refreshes (e.g., memory upgrades, OS rebuilds) following standard procedures with minimal guidance.
- Follows procedures to communicate, report, and escalate incidents to appropriate Microsoft data center operations management units, Technician Leads, and engineering specialists.
Data Center Work Environment
- Develops an understanding of cross-functional processes to support partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Completes required training aligned to the role and workload; observes more experienced technicians to gain hands-on experience and relevant on-the-job training.
- Participates in daily safety briefings, completes required safety training, complies with safety procedures (e.g., equipment use, lifting, electrical hazards, ladder/rolling stair use).
- Complies with security and data management procedures and policies and completes required security training and alerts others to security concerns and/or incidents.
- Contributes to a positive and effective team environment by sharing information with others, contributing to regular team meetings, asking questions, and staying apprised of the status of others' work.
- Has pride and asense of accountability for the service quality, completeness, and resulting user experience; displays accountability and ownership of the data center facilities.
- Learns the client’s business and maintains a client focus to understand the impact of their work when completing tickets and assigned tasks.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Embody our culture and values
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and basic knowledge of computer hardware and components AND 1+ year(s) experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts, including shift assignments during non-standard business hours that may include evening, nighttime, weekends, and/or holidays.
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship & Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports United States federal, state, and/or local United States government agency customer and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, citizenship will be verified via a valid passport, or other approved documents, or verified US government Clearance
It's essential to take some necessary steps when applying for jobs online to ensure that you find legitimate job postings and avoid scams. Don't trust job postings that promise quick and easy money without any qualifications or experience required. Confirm that the job is real and the company is hiring by contacting them and asking for verification. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of a job posting or potential employer, seek advice from a trusted friend, family member, or professional counselor. Be wary of job postings that require you to provide personal information before providing any details about the job or company. Watch out for job postings that require you to work without proper employment documentation or contracts, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job opportunity. It's important to research the company to ensure that it's a place where you can grow and develop your skills and career. You should always be wary of job postings that only offer interviews via text or email. Keep in mind that any job posting that requires you to pay money is likely not legitimate.
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA (A+, Server+, Network+), Basic Structure Cabling (BSC).
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Desire to learn, grow, and develop new technical skills
Data Center Technicians ATR-C - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $26.39 - $46.83 per hour.
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $36.68 - $51.73 per hour.
Data Center Technicians ATR-D - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $31.49 - $54.76 per hour.
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $43.37 - $60.96 per hour.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#COICareers Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
Before you decide to apply for the job, make sure you've read the posting carefully and understand all the requirements. Don't sacrifice quality for speed – make sure that your application is thorough and accurate. We encourage individuals who have carefully evaluated their qualifications and experience to apply for this job. Please only apply for this job if you are fully committed to fulfilling the responsibilities and expectations. Moreover, you might want to check out similar job vacancies on liquidscapes.info before making a decision.