Have you thought about whether full time work is a good match for your skills and experience level? The job opportunity for Learning and Development Specialist was posted on December 21, 2023, and it will end on March 19, 2024. While the job is located in New York, individuals who meet the specified qualifications from other regions are also encouraged to apply. The salary you will get for this job, if you are successful, is $118,000 - 152,000 / year. A minimum of 12 months of work experience in the same field is necessary for this job.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Guided by our leadership principles and our company values, the Learning & Organization Capability (LOC) Team aims to create an environment where every employee can do their best work. We thrive in an environment where inclusion and openness are valued. We believe that innovation only truly happens when we explore diverse perspectives and have the freedom to take risks and learn from failure. We only truly succeed when we bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to the solutions we create for our learners. We are compelled to make new breakthroughs in learning design that not only helps our employees but positively disrupts and democratizes education for the world. We work with integrity and obsess about helping our learners achieve their goals and realize their purpose at Microsoft. Together, we are on a path to empower the world through learning.
As part of enabling this transformation, we have an opportunity to help drive our learning strategy and culture at Microsoft. The LOC Global Learning & Development Team is seeking a Learning and Development Specialist to join the Leadership Development team. You will be motivated and passionate about developing the skills and abilities needed to successfully lead through complex change to meet the challenges of the future.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your project management and learning expertise to help to build leadership capability and scaling and embedding Adaptive Leadership across Microsoft. Adaptive Leadership is one of our core leadership development focus areas to prepare leaders to tackle their most complex challenges and lead for innovation in the age of AI. If you enjoy working across boundaries, are energized by partnering with a large set of executive stakeholders and love solving complex problems this role is for you.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Before you apply for any job online, make sure you know these essential factors to ensure that the job is legitimate and avoid scams. Be aware that scammers often use job postings as a way to gather personal information, so be cautious about what you share. Don't provide your bank account details or other sensitive information to an employer without verifying their legitimacy first. Watch out for job postings that require you to complete personality tests or quizzes without proper explanation or relevance, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity. Legitimate employers will usually arrange for in-person or phone interviews rather than email or text. It is important to reach out to the organization directly to ensure that the job posting is not a scam and that they are currently hiring. Always make sure to do your homework and research the company to ensure that it's a genuine and reliable organization before accepting any job offer. Legitimate employers will not ask you to pay for a work visa or other immigration fees. If a job posting sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Program Planning and Development
- Lands and contributes to the development and management of learning programs and initiatives for relevant audiences by identifying organizational needs, securing resources, communicating with executive stakeholders, and prioritizing work.
- Aligns larger learning and skilling capabilities to the strategy of the organization for the most impact.
- Gathers information across a variety of inputs to contribute to and develop planning and integration efforts.
- Supports and prioritizes short-term planning efforts.
- Promotes learning objectives and outcomes using a learner-centric approach.
- Determines how to best apply resources available across multiple teams to execute on the plan. Manages financial planning and forecasting.
Content Review and Confirmation
- Implements core learning programs across teams.
- Continuously improves content and programs through collecting, examining, and incorporating 360-degree feedback and data to make content adjustments.
- Implements and executes tactically on multiple learning components of the learner journey.
- Maps the necessary points of engagement with relevant stakeholders to enable program and content execution and address operational needs.
- Reviews learning and development solutions and best practices in the industry with internal and external clients.
- Uses and implements data to see how successfully the content is meeting pre-established learning objectives for specific deliverables and to increase overall effectiveness.
- Gathers and evaluates content feedback from relevant stakeholders and partners through facilitating feedback sessions (e.g., focus groups) to prioritize important feedback to incorporate. Assesses program/content materials prior to rollout. Follows established privacy and accessibility standards during content review while considering and tracking potential risks.
Program Success Analysis and Metrics
- Uses data to prioritize analyses to execute on, define capability gaps for the business, improve benchmarking, and execute on learning priorities through learner-centric methodology.
- Assesses how learning programs and content are being consumed by stakeholders. Uses internal and external tools and business intelligence (BI) systems to pull appropriate data with minimal assistanceand in partnership with relevant BI teams.
- Independently evaluates and analyzes effectiveness of programs by evaluating learning survey analyses, including program metrics (e.g., user satisfaction, participation in the deliverable), return on investment (ROI), and behavior change.
- Shares key performance indicators (KPIs) with relevant stakeholders. Leverages a solid understanding of the competition and landscape to improve company offerings.
- Identifies and develops relationships with key stakeholders/partners across audiences or business units to represent their learning-related needs.
- Collects feedback from stakeholders to identify and take action on key objectives.
- Acts as a representative of customers/stakeholders to the program team and brings them directly into the development process to inform them on adjustments to be made.
- Leverages robust working knowledge of local/regional perspectives and champions diversity and inclusion initiatives with multiple teams of learning stakeholders.
- Communicates learning and development approaches to leaders and stakeholders to educate them on learning solutions.
- Researches internal requests by leveraging a deep understanding of the topic and utilizing archived artifacts, documents, authoritative external sources, and community networks that provide authentication and context.
- Creates and uses internal channels to expose facts about the company that might be of interest, pique curiosity, or create discussion among employees.
- Consults with employees on programs and services to help them best engage with the content in creative ways (e.g., putting together book kiosks).
- Organizes across multiple systems to document, store, and retrieve items.
Qualifications Required/Minimum Qualifications
- Embody our culture and values
- Vocational qualification or higher education degree (e.g., Bachelor's Degree) AND/OR 2+ years experience in Learning and Development, relevant technical roles, business development, field or sales, HR, customer success, collection management, research/restoration evaluation, industry, or program/project management
- OR Master's Degree or equivalent AND/OR 1+ year(s) experience in Learning and Development, relevant technical roles, business development, quota management, human resources (HR), customer success, collection management, research/restoration evaluation, industry, or program/project management
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing, delivering, and executing learning programs
- 2+ years experience in program/project management
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Vocational qualification or higher education degree (e.g., Bachelor's Degree) AND 6+ years experience in Learning and Development, relevant technical roles, business development, field or sales, HR, customer success, collection management, research/restoration evaluation, industry, or program/project management
- OR Master's Degree or equivalent AND 4+ years experience in Learning and Development, relevant technical roles, business development, field or sales, human resources (HR), customer success, collection management, research/restoration evaluation, industry, or program/project management
- OR equivalent experience.
- Understanding of Adaptive Leadership – understanding of language/concepts/framework, experience/ability designing learning experiences for Adaptive Leadership; experience/ability with teaching Adaptive Leadership
- Microsoft Fundamentals, Coaching (e.g., International Coaching Federation), Project and/or Program Management Professional, or a similar certificate.
- Demonstrates commitment to career development and continuous or consistent learning through formal and informal efforts (e.g., change management, design thinking, management training, online courses).
Integrated Learning IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $91,800 - $178,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $117,900 - $195,000 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
Have you had a chance to review this job vacancy in detail? If so, it's time to make a decision. If the job posting has an expiration date, make sure to submit your application before the deadline. It is important to us that all applicants have a clear understanding of the job responsibilities and expectations before applying. We encourage individuals who have thoroughly reviewed this job posting and feel that they are a good fit to apply for this job. Alternatively, there are many other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that might offer a better match for your skills and experience.