December 8, 2023 was when the job listing for Security Architect was published, and it will no longer be accessible after March 6, 2024. To be considered for this job, you need to have at least 24 months of experience in the same field. If you're interested in a job with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, make sure to think about the type of work, which could be full time, before submitting your application. Although the job is based in Newark, the employer is willing to consider candidates who are open to relocating if necessary. $108,000 - 139,000 / year is the salary that you will receive if you are successful in your job application.
Horizon BCBSNJ employees must live in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut or Delaware
Job Summary: The Security Architect will partner with Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure and Development Teams to develop a deep technical understanding of Horizons technology ecosystem. Incumbent will conduct architecture reviews, threat modeling, identify risks and advise IT, business owners and technical teams on options to mitigate the risk. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position reports to the Manager, Security Architecture.
- Review enterprise architecture diagrams and recommend security related enhancements.
- Model attack vectors and design security controls to mitigate risk
- Strong knowledge of cloud security concepts with SaaS, PaaS and IaaS platforms and the architectural knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Plan, design, develop and maintain security technologies, diagrams, processes and procedures.
- Develop and implement enterprise-wide and cross-functional integration solutions
- Research and recommend new industry IT cyber security models, management strategies and effective resource utilization models that can be presented to Senior Leadership (i.e. Directors and above)
- Conduct technology reviews and audits that ensure computer systems are built to reference security architecture principles
- Help build security into infrastructure and architecture designs and guide the implementation with the operations team
- Create and deliver knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to security, developers and operations teams
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision to identify new and emerging security threats
THIS POSITION IS A HYBRID ROLE - location is NEWARK NJ Education/Experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or information security preferred or relevant work experience required in lieu of degree.
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of professional IT work experience or a master's degree and 4 years of professional work experience
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in technology such as enterprise security architecture design and developing threat models as well as architecture risk analysis.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
- One of the following certifications are required. Will consider candidates without certification but must obtain one of the following certifications within 18months of hire.
- CISSP, SANS Certifications
- AWS Certifications
Skills and Abilities:
- Application security tools such as: HTTP and TCP proxies, fuzzers, scanners, debuggers, simulators, etc
- Common vulnerabilities in the OWASP top 10 list
- Protocols/technologies like SOA, HTTP, SSL/TLS, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML
- Java Application and Java Application Server administration/tuning- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure and/or VMware vCloud and/or Docker
- Encryption standards
- Ability to understand software design algorithms
- Ability to write scripts in languages such as Python, BASH, or PowerShell for automation preferred
THIS POSITION IS A HYBRID ROLE - location is NEWARK NJ
Salary Range: $104,300 - $142,380
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. This range has been created in good faith based on information known to Horizon at the time of posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. Horizon also provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
Comprehensive health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
Before you apply for any job online, it's vital to keep in mind some key factors to avoid falling victim to job scams. To confirm that the job posting is real and the position is open, don't hesitate to contact the company directly. Be on the lookout for job postings that require you to sign up for multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes, as these are often signs of a fraudulent job opportunity. Use your common sense and trust your instincts when reviewing job postings and responding to potential employers. Always be cautious of job interviews that take place solely over text or email, as they may be part of a scam. If a job posting requires payment before you even start working, it's likely a scam. Avoid job postings that require you to use your personal bank account for transactions related to work. Be cautious when sharing personal information with foreign employers or recruiters, as different countries may have different privacy laws and regulations. Researching the company's international operations and expansion plans can give you a better understanding of its global reach and market potential before applying for any job.
Paid Volunteer Time Off
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law. Horizon will consider reasonable accommodation requests as part of the recruiting and hiring process.
Have you scrutinized this job opening carefully? If so, it's time to make a decision. Please only apply for this job if you are genuinely interested and committed to fulfilling the responsibilities. Remember, accuracy and completeness are the hallmarks of a successful job application – don't sacrifice these qualities in favor of speed. If you are confident that you can fulfill the responsibilities and expectations of this job, please submit your application. Likewise, liquidscapes.info has many other job vacancies that are similar to this job vacancy and worth considering.