Full time work can provide a way to build your portfolio and showcase your work to potential clients or employers. The employer is advertising a job in Norton, but may consider remote work for qualified candidates. The job vacancy named Digital Content Distribution Assistant was initiated on January 6, 2024, and it will expire on April 4, 2024. The employer's non-disclosure of salary means that you can negotiate based on the company's performance-based bonuses and incentives for meeting sales targets. To be considered for this job opening, it is essential to have passed Bachelor Degree as a minimum requirement.
W.W. Norton, an independent and employee-owned publisher with a storied history and an innovative publishing program is seeking a Digital Content Distribution Assistant to join its Metadata Operations Department. The Metadata Operations Department is a mission critical team responsible for both metadata and digital assets. This role supports the department by managing all digital content distributions, such as ebooks, book covers, and other digital assets; tracking distribution schedules and liaising with production staff for timely file delivery; reporting schedules and adjustments to Norton and client publisher staff; updating department databases with the latest distribution information;. This position reports to the Metadata Operations and Digital Distribution Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Track ebook production schedules in collaboration with the department manager, ensuring adherence to sensitive dates.
- Communicate with Norton production staff for the timely delivery of distributable files.
- Distribute ebook and other digital content files to retailers and troubleshoot basic distribution errors.
- Process monthly ebook withdrawals, ensuring retailer compliance.
- Generate and route various ebook production and distribution reports.
- Prepare ebook files for inclusion in the production archive and help keep archiving operations up-to-date.
- Record distribution stages in the department's databases.
- Update basic ebook metadata in the company's central metadata repository
- Assist the department manager in routine tasks.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Experience and Skills:
When looking for jobs online, it's important to remember some crucial factors to avoid wasting your time and effort on scams. If an employer insists on conducting an interview through text or email, it may be a scam. It's a red flag if a job posting requires you to use your personal bank account for transactions. It's important to research the company before applying for any job to ensure that it's a legitimate and reliable organization. If a job posting seems too good to be true, it's likely a scam or fraud, so steer clear and look for legitimate opportunities instead. It is illegal for employers to require upfront fees for job-related expenses. Contact the company to validate the job posting and make sure that it's a real opportunity. It's important to confirm that you are on the valid liquidscapes.info website before proceeding. Be cautious of job postings that use vague or incomplete job descriptions or qualifications, as these may be signs of a fraudulent job posting. Consider using a virtual private network (VPN) when applying for jobs online to protect your personal information from cyber attacks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- W.W. Norton & Company ('Norton') strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new Norton hires. Norton makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
- Musthave excellent verbal and written communications skills in a position that requires collaboration with a varied array of departments and stakeholders.
- Must have good time management skills and be capable of prioritizing among responsibilities, activities, and side projects.
- Must be self-directed and independent.
- Must be highly organized, disciplined, and self-motivated in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of the daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience managing large volumes of files and maintaining version control.
- Experience with database and project management systems like FileMaker Pro, JIRA, and Confluence
- Proficiency with Excel is required; some experience with data analysis preferred.
- Working knowledge of content/information management systems, metadata standards, CSS, and HTML.
- Current knowledge of ebook standards (EPUB 3 and Amazon formats in particular)
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop
Currently available benefits:
- Annual compensation for this position is $45,000. All salaries and salary ranges posted by Norton may vary depending on experience, skills, location and like considerations.
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and summer Friday afternoons between April and June.
- Generous health benefits, including PPO and EPO medical insurance options, vision insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care and commuter, gym membership reimbursement, and more. Coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children is available.
- Profit-Sharing and 401(k) benefit plan with discretionary contribution matching by employer
- Disability and life insurances
- FMLA, parental and other leave
- Employee Assistance Program (for mental health, financial planning, and other needs)
- Company-provided laptop
- Employee discounts on Norton books
- Limited matching of employee donations to select non-profit organizations
- All policies and benefits described are subject to change at any time.
From: W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.
If you've carefully gone through this job opening, the time has come to make a choice. If you have any doubts about your qualifications, please take the time to evaluate if this job is the right fit for you. We encourage individuals who have carefully evaluated their qualifications and experience to apply for this job posting. Submitting a rushed application could lead to missed opportunities and frustration.